• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about Cab Marker Lights for M1009

ChevyFan1207

I always liked big trucks with cab marker lights, or as I've heard people call them in the south "Chicken" lights. I did a search (for about 10 minutes) and couldn't find where anyone had put them on a M1009. Anyone else try this, or think about it?

Pic attached. (They are the lights on top of the truck)

Attachments

niferous

I wouldn't but that's just me. I always thought they looked silly on anything less than a 3/4 ton. I know that the M1009 is rated as a 3/4 ton but well you know.... :wink:

I wouldn't want them on a M1008 though just because they didn't come on the trucks that way.

ralbelt

I have had trucks with them and they were just 5 more light bulbs to change.

But like so many have said " its your truck do what ever you like".

ChevyFan1207

I wouldn't but that's just me. I always thought they looked silly on anything less than a 3/4 ton. I know that the M1009 is rated as a 3/4 ton but well you know.... :wink:
Pretty dang good point.

I have had trucks with them and they were just 5 more light bulbs to change.
I thought about that too, and They'd probably be LED. I've always thought LEDs lasted a while right?

You guys can drop the "It's your truck" non-sense. If it's stupid, say "That's stupid." :-D I came on here for your thoughts, not for the "It's your truck". haha There was a police light bar from when the police had her, but I don't think they'd let me slap that back up. ;-)

06streetrod

cab lights

"That's Stupid!" I was thinking about it myself a few months ago, but just because it's a diesel and a decent sized truck, doesn't mean it needs cab lights. I think a bar and off-road lights would serve a better purpose if you need something to install, that's my plans.

Hal O'Peridol

If the truck was painted something other than camo, OD or desert tan, maybe, but I wouldn't.

If one of those colors, sorry, but it would look like crap, especially on a 1009.

4bogginchevys

I'd like to put those cab lights on the 1008, hopefully someone will chime in here and tell us exactly where to tap those lights in......:-D

edit: camo is not in the trucks future, it is black and would look cool with the cab lights I think.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I have a 1986 civilian cab in my field with the OEM GM cab clearance lights on it. I was going to put them on my Mule but opted not after fixing all the other damage to the roof and pinch welds. I still think it would look cool. I don't plan on being in combat so black out lights don't mean anything to me. I like the cool OEM look and with my Mule setup I think they would compliment the build.015.jpg026.jpg024.jpg

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1986 civilian cab in my field with the OEM GM cab clearance lights on it. I was going to put them on my Mule but opted not after fixing all the other damage to the roof and pinch welds. I still think it would look cool. I don't plan on being in combat so black out lights don't mean anything to me. I like the cool OEM look and with my Mule setup I think they would compliment the build.View attachment 601665View attachment 601666View attachment 601667
I hope you have a padlock on those LED headlights Rick. They would look cool on my Blazer.

cucvrus

I have a 16 year old 1 eyed 2 tooth Dachshund that watches over the entire complex. He gets very angry if anyone messes with his bye bye machine. Bring it. I may be offering the Mule up for sale soon so you could have them and everything that goes with it. I am thinking of doing some down sizing and getting back to basics again. i have a used vehicle lot at this time. Everything from sporty , utility to luxury. A few will need to go. Keep that in mind.

saddamsnightmare

January 4th, 2016.

You may want to rethink the clearance lights if your M1009 does not have them now, for if you install them and the truck is subject to a safety inspection by your DMV or State Police....If they are on the truck and they don't work for any reason, your truck will not pass its inspection until they are fixed! Plus its 10 more holes in your cab roof that can and will leak water, sooner or later. So, Why?:???:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks