• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

thinking about doing black white and grey camo

scrambled

I started my camo painting today. So far its 4 cans of flat white, 3 cans of grey, and 6 cans of flat black. That gets the wheel wells, bedsides, tailgate, and rear bumper. The walmart $.96 flat paint is pretty good. I use a krylon with a fan tip to top coat

Attachments

A

A/C Cages

Looks like you are spot camo painting your driveway too. lol

scrambled

Yeah. I built some cages to go around AC units and had to paint them before they got rained on. It should wear off the driveway in 10 to 20 years.

My wife hasn't noticed the spots yet. Can't wait to have that conversation...

A

A/C Cages

So you are trying to take my job from me now? How dare you build your own cages, that is what I do....LOLrofl

Need any tips on how to make them better, just call or PM me.

I spilled a little oil on my driveway 3 years ago, still havent heard the end of that one.

67_C-30

I started my camo painting today. So far its 4 cans of flat white, 3 cans of grey, and 6 cans of flat black. That gets the wheel wells, bedsides, tailgate, and rear bumper. The walmart $.96 flat paint is pretty good. I use a krylon with a fan tip to top coat
I can't wait to see it finished.

Just a tip: When you get done, if you will take your can and hold it 12 - 14 inches and kinda fog each color you've painted, it will blend out the streaks in the paint. Just try not to start too close to the edge. You can see where the fog is landing, and if you start in the center of each color patch, you can work to the edge without making the edge too fuzzy. This also makes the finish rougher and flatter, and looks closer to the carc finish.

jdeoliveira74

I like! mine will be a grey base instead of white!

Motomech

Clarify for me....You are using a cheaper paint as a base coat then waiting for it to dry then using a higher quality paint on top of that?

What kind of sanding or prep work did you do beforehand?

B.T.W I'm doing the rattle can paint on my suburban as well I have one side done.

I'm using

Krylon camo: Olive drab
Rustoleum: Flat brown
Rustoleum: Flat black

nytoak

I have an all original, unmodified 1970 Duece and a half with the complete Artic package. The green paint is looking a bit faded and since I live in Fairbanks Alaska and we have 8 months of White stuff on the ground, I want to repaint with a White, grey, and black paint job. Maybe with some green in there somewhere. I have seen very few pictures to support that many people have done this. I cant find anything in the TM's either. Since I drive this mostly in the winter (Until it hits 20 below), white camo makes sense to me. Anyone have pictures of this paint configuration. I would paint the insulated canvas cover too.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a tech manual for paint the artic color scheme. I'll see if I can find it.

lindsaym

I think that looks pretty cool! I recently rattle-canned my truck and I like having the ability to switch up how the truck looks anytime I feel like it. There's a very cammo-pattern way that snow sits on the spruces of here in alaska, like a really crazy mix of greens, blacks and whites. I'm thinking about throwing that on next winter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks