• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about getting an M35A2

crazyplowboy

I've been wanting a deuce since i saw my first one at a museum when I was 5. I found one last weekend about 50 miles away and can't stop thinking about it. The guy wants $4000 for it, it runs great, has no rust to speak of, and seems to be a good deal to me. But I really don't know much about them and want to know any advice you have for a 21 year old kid.
Do you need a CDL? Average cost of plates etc... Anything you think is important to know, please say it.

Thanks

Sephirothq

what all does the truck have on it?
Winch yes or no
hard top or soft top
heater
air shift transfer case

As for plates if you don't need to use it for an every day driver then your can get antique plates. I don't know about ohio, but in pa the plates are $75 and insurance is cheap about 200 ish a year.

you don't need a CDL

I would find out what all the truck has you might be getting a good bargain or might be paying too much.

dc3coyote

ok first welcome to the site.
now then
I am 26 I own 6 Dueces and a Pinz, there is no age limit to own these nice trucks, only what you can afford.
4K seems a little high for me is it a winch truck "W/W"? what kind of Turbo does it have? any more details?
You dont need a CDL to operate a Duece in 49 of the states, Cali being a exception.
I cant help you with the plate costs. sorry on that one
Branan

spentshell

Thats what happend to me I couldnt stop thinking about it so I bought one. My advise is if you buy one be responsible with it, people either love them or hate them so dont p.o. anybody or it makes us all look bad. Wish I had started collecting them when I was 21, ah young, dumb and full of fun. Good luck if you get it and be sure to take lots of pictures or you'll get ripped up on this site. Maybe you could hook up with a local member to go and check it out with you.

that aint a bad price for one that you can buy off of a individual that has a title and such already to it. and you can also be able to just get in and drive. do you know if he has done much to it or not?

Far as if you are wanting a winch truck and what not i will have a deuce W/W shortly for sale for $4000 it can be delivered to ohio if you are interested in buying it. As i make trips and would be willing to drive it up to deliver it.

crazyplowboy

Gov't rebuild in 1986, the seller says that the only work he has ever done on it is routine maintenance. he tells me that he starts it up every other week and takes it around the block to keep it active.

TommyG45

I was going to register mine in ohio as an antique, but decidedto do a standard registration as I knew I would be using it all the time. It has replacd my F250, I use it for everything.

Don't remember what the registration cost is, but it didnt strike me as eing unreasonable. Cost the same to insure as the F250, just switched policies.

4K for a deuce in great running condition, with very little rust, heater, good tires is not too bad at all. The title being the good aspect here. I want to say my insurance is 300/yr as a driver.

Get to know the guy who owns it. Where abouts in ohio ?

Tommy

dm22630

Sounds like a deal to me.

Remember.....

1. You can see & drive it BEFORE you buy (unlike GL).
2. No buyers premium or EUC.
3. No wait.
4. NO SHIPPING COSTS!!! ($3-$5 PER MILE)

I think it costs about $100 to get tags & title in VA. Then my FULL COVERAGE insurance is a whopping $62/year (less than $0.17 per day). No CDL required.

Go for it. You will be glad you did!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks