• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about replacing the seats

cidrich

I got mine out of a late 90's dodge caravan with the 4 bucket seat toward the front. I took the middle buckets out and cut everything off the bottom of them and installed them on air ride bases. They sit good and have a thin back so I have enough room between me and the steering wheel. I hope this helps.

DeucesWild11

Wreckerman, I have seen you post about those dodge neon seats before. Are those bolted to the floor or on top of the spring or air ride frame? Definitely in the future upgrades but not for a while..

Thanks!

joshs1ofakindxj

I have Nissan Maxima seats because they were free. If I could do it again, I would go to the junkyard and find seats with the thinnest back so I could have just a weeeee bit more room between my little belly and the steering wheel. I made my own brackets that mount to the floor.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Wreckerman, I have seen you post about those dodge neon seats before. Are those bolted to the floor or on top of the spring or air ride frame?
I thought I had made pics when I did the fab work but if I did they are lost in cyberspace.

I used the angle iron with the holes punched in it that you can get at Lowes or other box store.

I built a frame that both seats would hook to and then used ALLTHREAD to bolt it to the floor with. The frame spanned the whole cab which would require the whole thing being taken out if you needed to take off the transmission tunnel covers but it allowed room for a console to be installed.

I used 1/2 inch galvanized pipe with washers around the ALLTHREAD to make it more stable.

I set it so you could slide the seats back and forth for different sized folks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks