• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking of buying a M116A3

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I need a trailer to carry the MEP002A. Found this one locally. Thinking of making an offer on it. It is missing the master cylinder. Has 8-lug HMMWV rims and tires on it. Parking brake cables are stuck? No title, bill of sale only. What would be a fair offer? Asking price is $400.

I have a brand new surge-brake/lunnette assembly at the house for it.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, in that shape, I'd say $200-$250. You could do better at GL. Lots of trailers going for minimum bid if you are willing to wait/go farther.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW I just bought 2 at JAX in the last couple of months. Paid $320 for one on the first sale and $215 for one on the second sale. There are no more listed. There is a parts looking M101A3 on there. -A3s don't pop up that often so it's hard to be picky when there are so few around. Mine also had radials and 12 bolt rims. Chris, if you find an -A2 I'll have an -A3 axle available real soon. I'd probably stay at or below $300 as long as the tires are good!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the feedback guys. I like this M116A3, but it is such a hassle to get a title in VA without the right paperwork. I have been watching GL, but the A3's that are anywhere close to me have been at least $500. I'm going to look at some trailers at Winslow's this weekend too.

Nonotagain

I got a M116a3 flatbed also from JAX, the same auction as Recovry4x4.

The trailer has a dent in the fender, radials and 12 bolt wheels.

I got it for $190 plus fees.

M101a3's at JAX went for around $500 verses over $950 at Mechanicsburg PA. Location, location, location.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chris,
I've got this trailer I assembled from parts from an old M103A3. I'll sell you the trailer for cheap. The Mep003 is not included.
Thanks for the offer. Looks like a neat little trailer, but I am going to keep searching for a M116A3 for now. I also want an A3 so it'll look good behind my future HMMWV, which may be my next project if this 925A2 doesn't kill me! :)

lavarok

Oh yea, I have a M103A2 I'd like to get rid of. A MEP002 would fit nicely....in fact two would fit better as it was once a PU-17 power set with two MEP003s.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good luck getting a title for that trailer. Its under the specified weight where Florida will issue a title. For trailers under 2000, bill of sale to register. No titles.
No kidding? That's a real PITA because Virginia won't accept SF-97's anymore. The only was I have been getting my GL stuff titled it with a FL title signed over from the GL agent. Hmmmm....

Bobert

Maybe you can register it as a home built trailer. When I got my m101a2 from GL, I just had a bill of sale and they had me fill out title information and weight and such. Took about 10 minutes to get plates in Iowa.

UNIMOG-GUY

No kidding? That's a real PITA because Virginia won't accept SF-97's anymore. The only was I have been getting my GL stuff titled it with a FL title signed over from the GL agent. Hmmmm....
I don't believe the above statement is correct. I have titled 2 vehicles with SF-97's in VA since this was posted. However I have found a way around needing a SF-97 and giving GL more of my money to title in VA and have titled 2 other vehicles this way. If you are interested and live in VA PM me because I won't post this information/loophole.

What civilian rims will fit the 2009 M116A3 trailer. Found trailer without wheels - help.......thanx
If memory serves me correctly its 8 lug? If that is in fact the case then most 8 lug chevy rims will fit. The H1 rims (8 bolt, 12 bolt and 24 bolt) with the 36" or 37" tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks