• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking of MRAP super singles

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many of the MRAP wheel/tire combos have a run-flat insert so that would help if you do not have a spare. I have also thought about jacking up a rear axle and chaining it to the frame if I heeded to. I always carry chains. I always used to carry a full size spare when my super singles were on stock wheels with tubes but I haven't since I went to the tubeless setup. This is for close treks anyway. If I travel distance, I will have a full size spare with me.

By the way, a 395 on stock deuce wheel is what I will use as a spare since I have them and I already clearance the stock spare location. That saves on the price of the adapter plate and some weight. I have extras of those but shipping is a killer.

goodguyzy

sets for 1800 delivered to most of Oregon and California so 3000 would be about right. if you go over that you paid to much.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattgunguy

Get a mount / dismount tool. I used these for years while working at Goodyear / Wingfoot. They're great for getting tires on and off the hubs once you figure out the technique. They're about $50 online. I'll be trying it out on 395's on MRAP wheels next week. So we shall see.

Attachments