• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Third's Build Discussion

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hows the spring break coming along ? Its not too much for ya at your age? The band will be there anytime now hope you have it all under control ! Have you gained any ground in your build havnt seen any progress pictures !

Third From Texas

Well, I stuck my head outside and didn't see my shadow so Spring is here. And so are the Spring Break chickees!

I got that out of my system so now it's time to get back to work...(unless I go back out tomorrow). LOL

Did my materials list for the passenger side of the habitat this evening. I'll make the run to Lowes this week and snag what I need to get started on that side.

I resolved how I wanted to mount the toilet. It will stow in the cubby that makes up the lower half of the hanging closet so I need to come up with some system of either slides or rollers.

I've got to build a set of drawers that will be off one side of the desk (which I need to settle on a design).

I was going to hang a ceiling so I could run lights, but I decided that was a an unnecessary idea (aside from an added layer of insulation). The ceiling is pretty clean so paint will do. I revisited the viability of overhead cabinets and realized there is enough space above the windows for small cabinets and I can drop my lighting in the bottom of those.

The last bit for the kitchen will be in this week (my sink). Everything else is sitting in boxes in my dining room. I'll do one last mockup, then gut and paint, slap down the flooring, and bolt it all back together.

Beyond that, it's just fitting and bolting stuff together.
*famous last words

I honestly don't expect to be finished until Fall since I need to also prep the Baja car for paint (that project got sidetracked by truck stuff). But it feels good to have finalized my plans.

Final.jpg

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I stuck my head outside and didn't see my shadow so Spring is here. And so are the Spring Break chickees!

I got that out of my system so now it's time to get back to work...(unless I go back out tomorrow). LOL

Did my materials list for the passenger side of the habitat this evening. I'll make the run to Lowes this week and snag what I need to get started on that side.

I resolved how I wanted to mount the toilet. It will stow in the cubby that makes up the lower half of the hanging closet so I need to come up with some system of either slides or rollers.

I've got to build a set of drawers that will be off one side of the desk (which I need to settle on a design).

I was going to hang a ceiling so I could run lights, but I decided that was a an unnecessary idea (aside from an added layer of insulation). The ceiling is pretty clean so paint will do. I revisited the viability of overhead cabinets and realized there is enough space above the windows for small cabinets and I can drop my lighting in the bottom of those.

The last bit for the kitchen will be in this week (my sink). Everything else is sitting in boxes in my dining room. I'll do one last mockup, then gut and paint, slap down the flooring, and bolt it all back together.

Beyond that, it's just fitting and bolting stuff together.
*famous last words

I honestly don't expect to be finished until Fall since I need to also prep the Baja car for paint (that project got sidetracked by truck stuff). But it feels good to have finalized my plans.

View attachment 861602
Looks like a good layout !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to me like your partner in crime down by the surf is oogling the babes as they walk up the beach.
He has trained the dog to play like shes injured so the babes come to her rescue then he comforts them with a cold beer and a snack for the dog ! Its all on page 2 of SMOOTH OPERATOR HANDBOOK !

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
He has trained the dog to play like shes injured so the babes come to her rescue then he comforts them with a cold beer and a snack for the dog ! Its all on page 2 of SMOOTH OPERATOR HANDBOOK !
I didn't know that @Third From Texas was in the K9 Corps :)

Maybe we need to upload the Smooth Operator Handbook to the TM Section...
Then again too, we would have to take a test to qualify for the download.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't know that @Third From Texas was in the K9 Corps :)

Maybe we need to upload the Smooth Operator Handbook to the TM Section...
Then again too, we would have to take a test to qualify for the download.
Hes more like a sniper without a rifle! He must maintain a large amount of patience during the stalk before moving in for the ambush !

Third From Texas

My nephew had given me the kitchen (counter, sink, stove, Dometic fridge) out of his little camper he remodeled. While practically new, the plastic sink just wasn't doing it for me. Too small to wash more than your hands, plastic, and it was an odd shade of pewter.

Out with the old and in with the new...

Quite impressed with this little gem. Packaging was top notch (plastic cover, cloth bagged, styrene corners, and heavy carboard box, even a white glove ? maybe in case you have to wash some blood down the drain). The metal is THICK (WAY more than twice that of the sink I just installed in the house). Plenty deep (from 4" on the old to 8" on the new). Mega bonus for the full-sized drain, deep cup strainer (like 3" deep), and a nice plug to finish it off. So 6/5 stars on this one.

I'm going to make a nice cutting board cap for it as well....

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NSNZ6GR

20211103_160150.jpg

20220317_152840.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My nephew had given me the kitchen (counter, sink, stove, Dometic fridge) out of his little camper he remodeled. While practically new, the plastic sink just wasn't doing it for me. Too small to wash more than your hands, plastic, and it was an odd shade of pewter.

Quite impressed with this little gem. Packaging was top notch (plastic cover, cloth bagged, styrene corners, and heavy carboard box, even a white glove ? maybe in case you have to wash some blood down the drain). The metal is THICK (WAY more than twice that of the sink I just installed in the house). Plenty deep (from 4" on the old to 8" on the new). Mega bonus for the full-sized drain, deep cup strainer (like 3" deep), and a nice plug to finish it off. So 6/5 stars on this one.

View attachment 861776

View attachment 861777
That looks really sharp! And the faucet with a spray sure makes getting soap off the dishes a lot easier. Lookin forward to more... Go man Go!!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 861776

View attachment 861777
And you have your on fire hose when your food catches a fire on the burner next to it ! After 30 yrs of camper type life im not wasting water on washing dishes other than what im cooking with its paper plates and plastic silverware for the most part ! Musicians beleave that silver square on your countertop is a trash can and or a place you put your dirty dishes that magically wash them selves and it was always so much fun to watch the looks on thier face when you start throwing to dishes down the trash chute and then tell them thats how i do the dishes so if you want to keep those cool coffee cups and such then take care of them !

Third From Texas

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can trap them and force them to play volleyball.

All in one...

View attachment 861838
Is that what you call it (vollyball) thats some dark shiat ! I think i have herd it all now ! Ive been reading up on" Predators Weekly " and they spoke of UNSUBS useing these barriers to quietly trap and kidnap their prey and it not set off the airbags so they strip the airbags and catalytic convertor and on occasion the (SEATS ) !!!!!!!!! Then bury the rest of the vehicle with the remains inside in soft ( SANDY ) soil for easy digging ! any of this sound familiar ? Then sale the airbags and convertors to subsidize their dogfood and alcohol consumstion !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
STRANGER DANGER !!!! STRANGER DANGER !!!! STRANGER DANGER !!!! Folks i cant emphasize enough to talk to your daughters going on vacation to the Texas gulf coast that there are DANGEROUS individuals camping on the beaches that seem ok at first but BEWARE !!!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
STRANGER DANGER !!!! STRANGER DANGER !!!! STRANGER DANGER !!!! Folks i cant emphasize enough to talk to your daughters going on vacation to the Texas gulf coast that there are DANGEROUS individuals camping on the beaches that seem ok at first but BEWARE !!!
You need to write a book pal.
I think we would all be in stitches :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks