• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This and that from PS magazine

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the process of trying to locate an image for recovry4x4 I found the following notes and pictures form past PS magazines that may be of interest. (Didn't find the picture Kenny wanted). :cry:

Bjorn
MVPA19212

Attachments

A quick note on pixels vs dpi

The max allowed to post on the site is 640X480. The LH picture(s) are exactly the same size (both of them) in resoulution (pixels per inch). In this case they are 600 pixels X 446 pixels.

A 600x446 picture is just that. Exactly 600 pixels wide and exactly 446 pixels tall. The only difference being when it is displayed. (This is what makes a picture look bigger or smaller depending on the resolution settings of your monitor - but that's OT and I digress.)

A printer that can print 100 DPI will print that picture 6.0 inches wide and 4.46 inches tall. A printer that prints 50 DPI will print it 12.0 inches wide and 8.92 inches tall and, on the converse, a printer that prints at 220 dpi (which is about where the home printer prints at) the picture would print at 2.7 wide X 2.0 inches tall

The higher the resolution (pixels per inch) the better the quality when enlarging from an original - but you knew that. :D

Hope this helps. Made me scratch my head more than once when I first started.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks