• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This could be mine... This will be mine!

f3dblasphemy

Hey guys, Tell me if you think this is a good deal. Its a 74 with a White turbo multi fuel. Dash reads 407 hours Fires right up in less then 1 rev. No Blow By. Trans feels good. No rust on the cab or paint flaking off. The box has little to none paint flaking. He has a title in hand. Asking 2k.

My only Q's are, when i start it the idle loops some (from 500rpm to 800rpm) but at 600 with the foot pedal it smooths right out.

I cant find any plates or stickers that says it has been refurbished. So could it have over 10,000 Hours on it?

Has a rip in the soft top and needs a new o Ring on the fuel filter hous. not a big deal.

So what do you guys thing. Im i Dumb for eveing asking? lol

Attachments

scrapman

2k for a truck that makes you happy? It seems that you have looked at it closely and have taken it for a ride. Sure they go for less on GL but you don't get to test drive and in a lot of cases you usually are not close enough to look them over first. With the truck you are looking over you won't have to wait for an EUC to clear or go through the logistics of transporting to your location. As an added bonus a TITLE in hand is very positive. Yeah, 2k can be quite reasonable.

45 bravo

Goverment Liquidation

All I have done is window shop GL and called some sites I see where folks have had some bad dealings I hope thats not the case because that seems to be my best shot.:???:

RAYZER

I think 2k is a great deal,I can't remember the last time I saw one from a private seller with a title for that price! U better give the guy a deposit! How are the tires ?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that truck looks real good in the photos. If you have driven it and are comfortable with the way it steers and stops, you are paying a great price while eliminating the risk of saving a few bucks going through the auction process,

Rick

LanceRobson

If it had a cupholder I would go 2k.
Go to Walmart and get the 4 pack of the cup holders designed to hang over the door edge for $5. Cut the parts of the hanger off you don't need and pop a self drilling (TEK) screw through it an you've got a can holder....errr...cup holder....

We've got those cup holders in every MV we've got and on the lawn tractor, tool boxes, welder, logsplitter....

2K is a great price for a truck you can drive, see, touch, listen to and smell running. The ability to use the gray matter and all the other senses is priceless.

Most deuces show about 30 miles for every hour on the clock if the gauges have never been replaced. Trucks used as shop or commo trucks and trucks in arctic conditions, etc have fewer miles for each hour. 10,000 hours equates to about 300,000 miles and darn few deuces ever reached 75,000 miles.

If the engine, tranny, transfer case, air compressor, axles etc have ever been overhauled (all at once or individually) they will have a little aluminum tag stating when and by which facility. If the truck ever had a formal overhaul there will be a plate on the dash showing when and by which facility. Such a plate will often state the miles and hours on the gauges at the time of the completion of the overhaul.

If the truck has a turbo it may be worth checking the injector timing but I'd wait to see if you get black smoke on acceleration after the air filter has been replaced and you've run a few hundred miles with Lucas or other premium injector cleaner in it. You will use Lucas cleaner, won't you?

I'd recommend changing the air filter. Even though it can be cleaned, the restriction goes up each time it is cleaned since the filter media mats down some. Change it as soon as you can afford to so you have a known baseline to work from. There can be enough airflow restriction to cause smoking exhaust well before the restriction indicator raises the red ring.

The loping idle could be a few things but none are show stoppers and it may go away with a few hours of use and injector cleaner.

Be prepared to bite the bullet and drain ALL the fluids, fill, run a few hours and drain and fill again. The only thing you won't have to re-do will be the cooling system if you do it the correct way the first time.

If the budget has room for the ruck and the maintenance I'd be on that truck like a bad rash.

Lance

Mark2X2

Hey guys, Tell me if you think this is a good deal. Its a 74 with a White turbo multi fuel. Dash reads 407 hours Fires right up in less then 1 rev. No Blow By. Trans feels good. No rust on the cab or paint flaking off. The box has little to none paint flaking. He has a title in hand. Asking 2k.

My only Q's are, when i start it the idle loops some (from 500rpm to 800rpm) but at 600 with the foot pedal it smooths right out.

I cant find any plates or stickers that says it has been refurbished. So could it have over 10,000 Hours on it?

Has a rip in the soft top and needs a new o Ring on the fuel filter hous. not a big deal.

So what do you guys thing. Im i Dumb for eveing asking? lol
Look at it this way, can you buy a decent ATV for $2K? Sounds like a decent buy to me.

Kevin C

This is almost making me want to go buy a Deuce right now, despite the fact that I still want to read up on these things a little more, just to get more familiar with them. 2K seems incredibly cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks