• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This hvac ductwork does do anything!

thoner7

My truck has the updated HVAC ducting on the dash. It also has this one duct which seemingly runs from the passenger area, inside the tunnel, then out at the drivers feet.

I get little to no airflow through it at all. It doesn’t look plugged up? I’m thinking of closing it off to quiet down the cab, as I imagine a lot of sound gets piped in through there

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck has the updated HVAC ducting on the dash. It also has this one duct which seemingly runs from the passenger area, inside the tunnel, then out at the drivers feet.

I get little to no airflow through it at all. It doesn’t look plugged up? I’m thinking of closing it off to quiet down the cab, as I imagine a lot of sound gets piped in through there
even when the cross duct is installed, absolutely nothing comes through it, heat or AC…I remove them on all trucks.
There is a newer duct mod from the factory that actually works.
also, when the old cross duct is installed, it has to be removed to do just about anything at the rear of the motor…more AM general concept
good, design terrible.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
even when the cross duct is installed, absolutely nothing comes through it, heat or AC…I remove them on all trucks.
also, when the old cross duct is installed, it has to be removed to do just about anything at the rear of the motor…more AM general concept
good, design terrible.
How do you block the port in the cross dash AC duct that leads to the port on the right side in front of the doghouse?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you block the port in the cross dash AC duct that leads to the port on the right side in front of the doghouse?
I don’t do anything….nothing comes through it, if someone insists, stuff a shop rag into each side, this way you have a rag
when you have the engine cover off to wipe your hands.
you can alway install a rubber cover form hardware store with a hose clamp.

thoner7

good, design terrible.
Well that explains it! I bought my truck from you lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks