• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

this is going to be a money pit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastfunco

I can tell already this 944 is going to be a money and endless time pitt!!!
while she is in great shape-- little things are biting mostly time out of my life!
here is another weird problem--

the push pull governor knob on the dash came apart on me-- problem was the cable came loose from actuator on pump--

i put it back together and fired engine
put transfer case in neutral
trans in neutral
set the governor on as low as it would go - all the way in and turned to right to lock
pulled the PTO lever all the way back to red of cab- felt it engage so i thought
put trans in 1/5
pulled out the idle up lever-

truck ran up to 1200 rpms - not enough for generator to run shop
tried to bump the governor up to 1800
generator kicked in and lights were on for about 2 seconds -- engine idles down and dies--

put trans in neutral- ignition and battery switches off-
switches on fired right back up-
ran engine to 1800 manually no problem--
as soon as i engage Generator - same thing- engine dies--
helpaua

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is there any reason you keep making different threads about your 944? It's much easier for you and users to assist from a single thread.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please use one of the existing 944 threads you started, that way people aren't having to track down your troubles across multiple threads.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not familiar with the 944 series but there is an overspeed control on the trailer version that shuts everything down if you exceed 1800 rpm or so. The overspeed control should be adjustable.

Fastfunco

while she is in great shape-- little things are biting mostly time out of my life!

the push pull governor knob on the dash came apart on me-- problem was the cable came loose from actuator on pump--

trans in neutral
set the governor on as low as it would go - all the way in and turned to right to lock
pulled the PTO lever all the way back to red of cab- felt it engage so i thought
put trans in 1/5

generator kicked in and lights were on for about 2 seconds -- engine idles down and dies--

helpaua
Not familiar with the 944 series but there is an overspeed control on the trailer version that shuts everything down if you exceed 1800 rpm or so. The overspeed control should be adjustable.
that makes sense-- where is your switch located???? what does it look like--- ill bet that is it!!!!

Fastfunco

trans in neutral
put trans in 1/5

helpaua
that makes sense-- where is your switch located???? what does it look like--- ill bet that is it!!!!

thank you very much for helping me-- i will definitely return the favor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.