• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This is how to drive!!

Midnight Rider

.......and we wonder why they don't like us over there. :roll:

I didn't hear a siren or anything going. I thought I heard a horn going continually, but not sure if it was from the Humvee.

Is there a reason they were driving like that?

rose jackets67

I didn't hear a siren or anything going. I thought I heard a horn going continually, but not sure if it was from the Humvee.

Is there a reason they were driving like that?[/quote]

To stay alive. According to my buddies that have been over in the last few years, slowing / stopping turns you into an easy target. That simple. Our guys run those hmmwv's wide open, all the time, almost no exceptions.

kope

Let me say that if you havent been in the hummer than you dont know what it is like. Every vehicle and person over there is a potential bomb and when you slow down you are valerable.

I know it is hard for people who havent been over there to understand but the people in the hummer are just looking out for themselves and the people who they are reasonable for.

You just have to be there.;-)

velociT

I believe this video was shot when it still was very unsafe to stop pretty much anywhere.

Some of those people are lucky they didn't just go straight over the top of them.

bbbang

I agree with kope above................. I was in the NJ airport a couple of weeks ago coming home from NYC and got to see a plane full of our boys and girls known as the "wounded warriors". Looked as if they had been blown up and burned up in Hummers in Iraq. If you saw what I saw, after you quit clapping and wiped the tears from your eyes, you would have no sympathy for the folks getting bumped in their vehicles in Iraq. They need to move out of the way of our troops immediately to say the least.

Alredneck

Banned

Is there a reason they were driving like that?

Whats your point, yea they dont like us, didnt you see all those people without a care in the world and didnt give a danm if they got hit or not. THose people are worthless. It has been publicized on the news, radio, and papers the US military has the right of way in that country, but you still think they care, those soldiers could a been going to the aide of their buddies for all we know. American lives are worth more than Iraqis anyday of the week! Whos side you on. Maybe if you had fought there you would have a clue what is about. The news doesnt portray what really goes on in that crappy country, if it did we would get more support!:evil:

kope

Wow! Now there are some powerful words! :-D Like I said if you havnt been there than you really shouldnt be commenting on such activity. Or you could join the military and when you are over there you can be a law abiding motorist.

Midnight Rider

Whats your point, yea they dont like us, didnt you see all those people without a care in the world and didnt give a danm if they got hit or not. THose people are worthless. It has been publicized on the news, radio, and papers the US military has the right of way in that country, but you still think they care, those soldiers could a been going to the aide of their buddies for all we know. American lives are worth more than Iraqis anyday of the week! Whos side you on. Maybe if you had fought there you would have a clue what is about. The news doesnt portray what really goes on in that crappy country, if it did we would get more support!:evil:
First off, THOSE PEOPLE are still people and they aren't worthless. There are some dirtbags over there that need to have their butts kicked, but don't lump them all together. Your kind of attitude isn't helpful.
Second, if American lives are worth more than Iraqis lives, then lets get our boys and girls out of there now!
Third, I support our troops. I may not always like how things are done, but I still give them my support.
Fourth, I know the news doesn't portray what goes on over there. The news is always biased.

Lastly, learn to read. The last thing I asked was if there was a reason that they were driving like that. The video doesn't really explain why they are driving, it just shows them driving like that. You always hear about the bad, civilians being killed, Gitmo, etc.. then you get this video showing them ramming into people. How am I supposed to know what is going on in the video. All you see is 1 Humvee driving. It could be a disgruntled soldier for all I know.

Wow! Now there are some powerful words! :-D Like I said if you havnt been there than you really shouldnt be commenting on such activity. Or you could join the military and when you are over there you can be a law abiding motorist.
Not sure if you were directing this at me or not, but if I was told to drive that way to stay alive, then I would. I'd be putting crosshairs on for a hood ornament.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks