• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This truck is so BAD A..!!!! I'm in LOVE....

M920

I am totally in love with my new M916! With the Cummins Big Cam 3 now turned up to 475 HP, the sweet 7 speed Allison transmission, the Air Ride Cab, the factory rear diff lockers and the 16.00 R 20 Michelin's (balanced with Equal of course) on HEMMT wheels, this truck will run over
80 MPH (professional driver on closed course) and at the same time has increadible Off-Road capabillities! I must say this is the most capable "Out of the Box" military truck i have ever owned!
It "cruises" down the road at 65-70 MPH at 1450 RPM! It steers like a dream even with the big rubber, it rides decent with super singles, cab suspension and air ride seat and just in case I get stuck, I have a hydraulic 45,000# winch at my disposal..... I'm just not sure how one could get more TRUCK for less $$$$.....:jumpin:

Ok...so I'm getting a little carried away but..... The truck is really AWESOME!

So let me know what you guys think about this combo....

Here are a few pics of it with the 16.00 R 20's....

Soni

p.s. I'm modifying the spare tire carrier to accomodate a full size spare!

Attachments

midcounty

I have been watching the 916s on GL for a while now. I just can't justify one for my use, but it sures seems like a huge deal for the prices they generally bring. Your truck looks really cool!

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
It looks good,I am in the process of putting a dump bed on my 916.I thought about putting 1600s on it but my 817 dump doesnt handle real well with the 1600s on it.

Alredneck

Banned
Dont come near me, I may assault you and steal your rig!

Thats F'ING awesome! Sweet as he!! ! For the money it would be hard to beat considering you got it for what a lot of em went for out in TX and KS! CHEAP!

M920

Thanks Guys....So I did find some problems though that really starteled me, when i first got the truck home. The air lines under the dash had all been switched around, so nothing worked right and the brakes where "caged" when i picked it up. The left rear brake had new shoes (looked like it had a bad hub seal and they replaced them cause of the oil) but they did not switch the rollers that ride on the S-cam from the old shoes over to the new ones. So the S-cam could rotate 360 degrees without doing anything!
Also, the guy from the Diesel Shop that did the IP work said that he had never seen a pump that was this "choked off"....I think maybe the military got scared when they figured out just how fast this truck would really run (even with the stock tires it did 74 MPH!) so they went and turned the pump WAY down.
I was never a big fan of auto trannys in big trucks before, but with 7 speeds it works really well!
I wonder how many of these 916's they converted to the HD4070 Allison? Did anybody else from SS get one of these trucks? Are they USMC only I wonder?
Any additional info about these trucks and this conversion (Big Cam 3, Allison and Air Ride Cab) would be great....

Thanks

Soni

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure you realize those tires are not speed rated for 80 mph. But sweet none the less. So with the XZL's on it, just how high is that 5th wheel plate??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks