• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This video gives me hope my 923 wil not jus bury itself in the sand

Hooper

Well that's not a 923 :mrgreen:

I believe that was a M54 (gasser) with bridge truck wheels.

Now don't be bursting my bubble, I have vissions of me tooling around in the sand this summer. I was hoping that their weights are at least close and the tires look about the same.

Danger Ranger

I thought those wheels looked like bridge truck wheels, but I didn't want to say anything. Its hard to tell from the shaky camera and the sand, but those are NDTs on it right?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would assume that you should be able to navagate well with it being a A1. As long as it has beadlocks, just run the tire pressure low and you'll float on sand more than you would aired up.

As far as weight, your 923 is probably about 1K-1500lbs heavier than a M54. However, you've got more torque.

Hooper

Yeah, its more about knowing your truck.

I'd feel better if a few local frineds had smilar trucks in case I don't know my truck well enough yet. I've been trying to get to know the better but my wife caught me sticking my tonge in the exhaust pipe the other night....

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd feel better if a few local frineds had smilar trucks in case I don't know my truck well enough yet. I've been trying to get to know the better but my wife caught me sticking my tonge in the exhaust pipe the other night....
There's a joke I could make here, but I'll refrain. :mrgreen:

So long as there's another simular truck around, you should be able to recover it. There's a reason I never take my 543 wrecker out to "play". The only thing that could recover a 34K lb truck would be another wrecker!

Hooper

So long as there's another simular truck around, you should be able to recover it. There's a reason I never take my 543 wrecker out to "play". The only thing that could recover a 34K lb truck would be another wrecker!

Exactly, at least now I have a practical reason to own a wrecker....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Not really, I got the M62 stuck at Haspin, it only took 2 deuces chained together to get it un-stuck. :)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Still recovering fron the " Penile Hitch " thread ?

A good size dozer will make easy work of a 34K lb truck .:mrgreen:

BillMc

The M923 should do fine. Decrease the tire pressure to let the tires widen out. That way they will "float" on the sand more than digging in. During Desert Storm, we got our M198 Howitzer stuck a lot, but never the truck. We would unhook, spin the howitzer and bring the truck in from the side, hook back up and pull out.

DeuceNewb

sand isn't too bad. i take my trucks out on the beach all the time. it's mud that scares me. You don't just keep sinking in sand if you're not moving, and it also doesn't create a suction on the truck either. If you start spinning tires too much just stop and let more air out of the tires.

Hooper

sand isn't too bad. i take my trucks out on the beach all the time. it's mud that scares me. You don't just keep sinking in sand if you're not moving, and it also doesn't create a suction on the truck either. If you start spinning tires too much just stop and let more air out of the tires.

I'm really looking forward to trying now. Silver lake is a huge area. I may not attempt the infamous test hill but it should be fun.