• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

This was mounted in the floor of a previous cucv truck

markg

I was digging around the shop looking for blackout switches, fuel caps and other stuff when i discovered this red light with an on-off switch that was mounted on the hump next to the t-case of a previous truck. what was its purpose? thanks. mark.P1010001.jpgP1010002.jpg

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could also have been a warning light for the back door on a shelter mounted in the back. Ambulances have a buzzer and warning light in the cab that activate when the back door is open and the truck is running. The color of the paint makes me wonder if the truck might have came from an FD or something.

markg

As i recall this truck came straight from the military, and was a regular m1008. i was thinking that it might have been to test the life in the batteries. dont know. i just took it apart, it has a clear lense in the base like a tail light, license plate combo, but the switch throws me. thanks. mark

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
interior light, might have been an O/C truck that they needed light on a regular basis to be able to read/write, etc...

Is it hooked up to run just normally? or is it attached to some sensor wires?

markg

interior light, might have been an O/C truck that they needed light on a regular basis to be able to read/write, etc...

Is it hooked up to run just normally? or is it attached to some sensor wires?
it was mounted to that raised strip just to the right of the t-case shifter , i dont remember where the power came in from. the t-case shift lever light power wire is there but is on the light switch. the dome light is right above and gives way more light.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, but they wouldn't want to white light their truck in the middle of the field during an exercise. It would mess with their night vision, those around them, and create a beacon of light... but that's just a thought...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks