• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thomasville, NC Memorial Day Parade May 27th

rsh253

The annual Thomasville, NC Memorial Day Parade is being held this year on May 27[SUP]th[/SUP]. It is one of the biggest Memorial Day celebrations in the country and has been extremely well supported by both the community and the military. Unfortunately this year the event has lost its military support due to the sequester budget cuts and the organizers are desperate for private organizations and individuals to help pick up the slack. If you are a US or Allied reenactor or military vehicle owner, from any era, your participation in the parade would be very much appreciated.

The parade starts at 11:00. Vehicle staging starts at 9:30. If you’re marching, try to be there no later than 10:15. The last two years the police department had a weapons check; but they’re very cool about it. (No live ammo!!)

The parade begins at the intersection of Main and Salem/Randolph (the street name changes at the intersection). (GPS Coordinates: 35.8832, -80.0810). Staging is on East Main and the parade goes down Salem about a mile & ends at Memorial Park. Main Street is actually two streets with E. Main on one side of the railroad tracks and W. Main on the other. Some streets are closed due to the parade, so don’t get there too late. There’s a parking lot under the water tower which is several blocks away. It is a great place to park but it does fill up as it gets closer to parade time.

I’ve participate with my WWII jeep for several years The last two years we’ve done a patrol with the jeep following, and the crowd loves it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks