• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Those who have/will buy at Ft. Sam (SAT)

lrjet23

Howdy All,

I live in San Antonio, and will be willing to donate my time (unemployed at the moment), in trade for advice/experience on owning a deuce. Fisrt, I am looking for a whistler, w/w. Would accompany to Ft. Sam for preview/loadout (TEXANDY), or any other needs. Would like to get "spooled" up on this hobby to help anyone round Ft. Sam.

Background: 15 year Member American Legion

Combat Engineer 94' - 00' USAR

Thank you all for a wonderful forum,

Blinky

Keith_J

Cool. More hands to make work light.

That last one wasn't too bad, only we didn't have enough time to effect the repairs so it had to loaded on a trailer.

Major malfunctions were the IP control collar was sticky but ran, only the governor couldn't overcome the drag. That and the brakes...parking brake is frozen and emergency glad hand valve was cracked from GL forklift

The front sump on the oil pan is heavily dented, not enough to hinder primary pump pickup.

lrjet23

Have not, but will for the next lot on the 29th. The deal is i will donate my time for experience, and help those here in the San Antonio area in return. Would like a deuce to help recover/transport for those aspiring to join the MV club!

gunboy1656

As I am reading it, he has no idea about the trucks so he wants to go on a recovery to gain some experience about them. As in get his hands dirty learning. Not a bad thought.

lrjet23

Close gunny, I drove them in the reserves, pmcs , all that. I want to get my "hands dirty" to help other aspiring MV owners get their vechicles from Ft. Sam. Since I live close to a base that selles them, that's all. Sounds like a lot of fun, besides sittin on the puter all day!

Blinky

deuce259

Do you have the ability to store a deuce for a month? I am in Iraq and wont be home until November. I am willing to pay you a retrievers fee and a storage fee. But if I can pick a deuce up for cheap there and you can hold on to it for me that would be great. I plan on doing the same thing when I get home. I live close to Fort Campbell and will be lending out my services and land for storage.

Why dont we have something like a regional or GL auction location member resources page?

deuce259

Do you have the ability to store a deuce for a month? I am in Iraq and wont be home until November. I am willing to pay you a retrievers fee and a storage fee. But if I can pick a deuce up for cheap there and you can hold on to it for me that would be great. I plan on doing the same thing when I get home. I live close to Fort Campbell and will be lending out my services and land for storage.

Why dont we have something like a regional or GL auction location member resources page?

JL628

Ft Sam

I just won a Duece at Ft Sam. I do not have my EUC paperwork yet but as soon as that comes back, I will be going to pick it up and take it back to the San Marcos area. If you want to go with, let me know.