• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thought my Deuce was almost ready to go....

essayons07

Went by wreckermans today to see about getting my deuce ready for the trip home. I knew the brake lights were not working so was ready for a little troubleshooting.

Got the brakelights working, loaded some stuff in the back, and thought about what I was going to do with my van and trailer...

Richard noticed that the truck was running a little rough when I was moving it. He decided to loosen the injector lines to remove any air. What we found was that I was only getting fuel to three cylinders...:(...At least I knew what to do about my van now...drive it home...

I had a new injection pump installed that I purchased from GL a while back. Guess I'll get Richard to have a diesel guy check it out. Hopefully I won't need another pump...

I was close getting her home...not quite there yet...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It was good to meet Essay.

When I drove the truck back from Huntsville it ran fine and pulled good but it has been sitting for a while.

I made a call to Gimpyrob and his diagnosis was the hydrolic head might be bad.....she is only getting fuel on three cylinders.

I just had the IP replaced on my work deuce for 200 bucks and the mechanic is a good guy and said he would be glad to work on military vehicles for me.

The game plan is to maybe have my old IP rebuilt and put it on Essay's truck.....there is a good rebuilder near me......next week I'll call and see what the damage is to do the deed.

I forgot to make pics but I want to thank him for the two oil tranfer pumps he gave me....they may see service in my UMO recycle center.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sorry I had to be the one to give the bad news. I "could" be wrong, but this is what I have seen before. If anyone has seen a HH that only sends fuel to every other cyl and knows how to fix it, PLEASE post up.

I had mine go bad and only fuel three cylinders. I do not remember if it was every other one.
Took a long time to get up to speed. New hydraulic head fixed it right up.

Now I race Mustangs, Or is it I tell lies? Just don't remember.

Good luck

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had mine go bad and only fuel three cylinders. I do not remember if it was every other one.
Took a long time to get up to speed. New hydraulic head fixed it right up.

Now I race Mustangs, Or is it I tell lies? Just don't remember.

Good luck
That is a pretty cool looking truck in your avatar. Whereabouts in Springtucky are you? I get through there once a month or so, and friends who live there have reported sightings of your fine motor vehicle.

That is a pretty cool looking truck in your avatar. Whereabouts in Springtucky are you? I get through there once a month or so, and friends who live there have reported sightings of your fine motor vehicle.
I'll PM my Phone No. You can give me a call next time your in town.

The picture in my avatar was taken in the Dairy Mart parking lot on Franklin Blvd. during the snow storm we had last month.

Attachments

essayons07

The old one had a seized hydraulic head shaft. I had the pump replaced some months ago...many months... and the truck has been sitting.

The truck sounds great at idle. I was surprised to find that fuel was not going to three cylinders. Fuel efficiency...ha ha...that was my first thought.

DieselBob

I would be interested in knowing what the actual failure is in the HH. Considering the IP/HH works like a distributor on a ignition system only with fuel. Not doubting that is the issue, but just not understanding how it would distribute fuel to one outlet port but not another. Inquiring minds want to know.

essayons07

I was curious about that too. There must be a stoppage somewhere when the distributer gets to the lines that are not being fed...

The old HH is in the cab of the truck. I wish I had brought it with me so I could see how it works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks