• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thoughts!!! considering buying and adapting a modern drivetrain.

sandcobra164

I'm considering buying a F800 with a 8.3 Cummins equipped with a Bosch P pump, and Allison 4 speed auto to replace my Deuce's drivetrain along with a set of 4.90 to 1 Oversun Engineering gears and some Steve6X6X6 disc brakes. It would be alot of work but it does seem like a heck of a project. Of course, I could just buy the tractor, find a trailer to tow the Deuce with and probably be miles ahead with alot fewer headaches. I know the 5.9 Cummins is a popular swap for those that go that way, I like low revs and that's why I think an 8.3 with taller gearing apeals to me.

197thhhc

Sounds like a great idea. I have been thinking about changing out my diff gears to a more streetable gear also. The engine swap would be nice but I love the burn any fuel ability of the multifuel engine.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm considering buying a F800 with a 8.3 Cummins equipped with a Bosch P pump, and Allison 4 speed auto to replace my Deuce's drivetrain along with a set of 4.90 to 1 Oversun Engineering gears and some Steve6X6X6 disc brakes. It would be alot of work but it does seem like a heck of a project. Of course, I could just buy the tractor, find a trailer to tow the Deuce with and probably be miles ahead with alot fewer headaches. I know the 5.9 Cummins is a popular swap for those that go that way, I like low revs and that's why I think an 8.3 with taller gearing apeals to me.
I suggest you lay off the Natties for two weeks, then come to the hooch for counselling!:beer:

sandcobra164

If I lay off the Nattie's, ie motivation fuel for 2 weeks, I could stop drinking altogether and then have a fire sale of the mess of stuff in my yard. It'd upset the balance of things around here!!!

Vintage iron

Sounds good, but the I would stick with a Mechanical motor and drum brakes. Both are easy to work on and cheaper to fix. I guess it depends on your cash flow, time and if you have a understanding wife? Good luck and post up pictures.

michigandon

Sounds good, but the I would stick with a Mechanical motor and drum brakes. Both are easy to work on and cheaper to fix. I guess it depends on your cash flow, time and if you have a understanding wife? Good luck and post up pictures.
An 8.3l cummins with a P pump IS a mechanically-injected engine.

dozer1

DIND DING DING !!! :) Drive your deuce as is to more local events and load it up for the rest....Camo the F-800 if nessesary 2cents

Could the F-800 with trailer be set up to be towable behind the deuce for a backup plan? Legally? OK that was asking too much

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks