• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thread sealants

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep lots of good stuff out there funny mine is Rectorseal industrial blue. Never had a leak problem and easy to remove if you need too. In this case bypasssing the FDC there is no fuel/oil in play and we are just plugging the ports. Keeps dirt or water out if one was to ever ford. The op will have to watch the EGT's as bypassing equals more fuel delivered. The EGT gage is a must for getting the best fuel setting for ones area.

Last edited:

FLYWHEEL

Yep lots of good stuff out there funny mine is Rectorseal industrial blue. Never had a leak problem and easy to remove if you need too. In this case bypasssing the FDC there is no fuel/oil in play and we are just plugging the ports. Keeps dirt or water out if one was to ever ford. The op will have to watch the EGT's as bypassing equals more fuel delivered. The EGT gage is a must for getting the best fuel setting for ones area.
E.G.T and boost gauges fitted. Hopefully I will get time to do the bypass this weekend.
20190331_133242_crop_464x464.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice. You will love the way she runs with the fuel turned up. Just be real care full when you adjust the twin nuts on the main fuel control. Very thin wrench on the inner nut and don't let the wedge shaft stud turn or both nuts turn at the same time. That shaft will snap with very little force. Loose the outer jam nut and mark the inner nut with magic marker or some kind of paint marker on one of the flats of the inner nut. This way make it easer to watch /count how many turns you need to back off or add to get the fuel set to the temps you feel comfortable at in your area.

FLYWHEEL

Nice. You will love the way she runs with the fuel turned up. Just be real care full when you adjust the twin nuts on the main fuel control. Very thin wrench on the inner nut and don't let the wedge shaft stud turn or both nuts turn at the same time. That shaft will snap with very little force. Loose the outer jam nut and mark the inner nut with magic marker or some kind of paint marker on one of the flats of the inner nut. This way make it easer to watch /count how many turns you need to back off or add to get the fuel set to the temps you feel comfortable at in your area.
Are those adjustment nuts 1/2 inch

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes 1/2 and on yours the triangle tin cover might still be wired on. Just clip the wire and discard the tin cover. Twin nuts are under it. I ground down my lifter / pushrod wrench so I am only holding the inner nut with it and a regular 1/2 wrench on the outer jam nut. As said just make sure you have hold of the inner nut and only turn the outer jam nut.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks