• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thread type and size of oil line radiator left - M1009 / Chevrolet Blazer K5 Diesel

87cr250r

It's in a difficult spot to see. It's on the passenger side, behind your alternator next to the timing cover, just below where the head meets the block. I actually permanently tapped mine with a stainless steel tube so I can get oil pressure from it.

PXL_20230811_000826135~2.jpgPXL_20230811_000622506.jpg

Elektroman99

Can I use a T piece with pressure and temperature decrease? What connections do I need there? Is that a line that goes from there? I am aware that the oil temperature is actually close to the water temperature. It's about being warned if both temperatures rise too quickly or deviate greatly.

87cr250r

You can't measure temperature at a dead end, it has to be somewhere with flow. It's easy to get the pan off the truck. Put the temp sensor there.

I will repeat, however, oil temperature is unimportant on these engines. If you want to know the oil temp, just add 10°F to the coolant temp.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m guessing he want to read transmission fluid/oil temperature and pressure via the cooler lines? I don’t think this is a good place to measure either, especially pressure…

Elektroman99

Pressure should be the same everywhere in a closed system, especially with liquids, because they cannot be compressed more at one point than at another.

Temperature should be only minimally different in both lines to the cooler. However, we now know that the sensor pickup point on the front left of the engine block is a "dead end" and will deviate at the temperature.

In the oil pan I did not want to work anything in, because I can neither cut a thread, nor necessarily at a deep point of the vehicle to attach a shock-sensitive sensor.

Somehow the whole realization of the Diskusssion is difficult for me to interpret. Apparently, the aluminum block with analysis decrease points in the two lines that go to the radiator has been a not so bad idea, in the thead of the other forum.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks