• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Threads

rustystud

I have about 1500 posts I printed out that had what I thought would be something worth saving. Most posts are asking "what is this thing ?" or "what does this do ?" or "look at my new truck" but one in about 50 will have some good info or a useful link or the best, a link or post of a manual or a page out of a rare manual ! Cranrtruck and Gerhard have the most of those. Though Recovery4X4 has had a fair amount too.
All in all, it has been fun, and has kept me entertained. This is the first night I haven't had a goal for reading:| so I will start up on a new one soon. Either the 5 ton or maybe the generators.

Another Ahab

That's my problem. I haven't read nowhere near all of them but I've read a fair amount. If I could just remember how to find it would be great. What's bad is when you remember a little something about a thread and you can't find it with any amount of searching. It will drive you crazy.
Right?!!

Crazy.jpg

Another Ahab

I have about 1500 posts I printed out that had what I thought would be something worth saving. Most posts are asking "what is this thing ?" or "what does this do ?" or "look at my new truck" but one in about 50 will have some good info or a useful link or the best, a link or post of a manual or a page out of a rare manual ! Cranrtruck and Gerhard have the most of those. Though Recovery4X4 has had a fair amount too.
Respected Honorable Teacher:

What a miracle if all that was collected somehow into chapters for reference

Bowing III.jpg

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't even have the time to read through all the posts in this one single thread. But I do have a question. Why is it posted in the Deuce forum rather than the conversations forum? I see no relevant deuce information in this thread, only bits of a conversation.

????????

Another Ahab

That's exactly what I was thinking around post 700 !!! Of course by then I wasn't going to go back and reread everything ! The posts could be condensed a lot if just the relevant information was kept.
Perfect task for an intern. The Steel Soldiers intern. Where do we get an intern?

intern II.jpg

rustystud

I don't even have the time to read through all the posts in this one single thread. But I do have a question. Why is it posted in the Deuce forum rather than the conversations forum? I see no relevant deuce information in this thread, only bits of a conversation.

????????
That's true, and if you read the past posts you will see it is as relevant as most of them ! "hey so and so are you going to be at the meet this weekend ?" or " hey did you get that whatever I sent last week ?"

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I finally finished all the Deuce and Deuce Mod posts. So if I ever have any questions and some yo-yo says read the posts I'll slam him back with "Have YOU read all the posts ! ? "
Now for grins and giggles, I'll start on the 5tons. Just a side note, it seems we lost a lot of members over the last 14 years, though I found cranetruck all over the place !
Nice to know the origin's of "cranetruck" though.
I'm still here, just not very active on the forum. Making plans for the xm757 8x8, tires, bed (M656) and more..possibly a small K-boom...

rustystud

I'm still here, just not very active on the forum. Making plans for the xm757 8x8, tires, bed (M656) and more..possibly a small K-boom...
It's nice to still have you ! I have seen your posts over the years and I must say you have contributed a vast amount of information to help others. I salute you !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks