• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Three year restoration finished just in time for Memorial Day

jeepdan

For those who aren't members of the M715 Zone, here are a few photos of my 67 M715

M715-01.jpg

This made it all worth it.
Seating for the older Vets in the parade, and during the service.

M715-2.jpg

I can post more photos of the truck during it's restoration if there is more interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Job.

We always like like pictures. Please upload them to the SS site and not link them to an outside service like photobucket.
It helps preserve the picture for the future. Don't know how? Just ask and we will be glad to help you.

jeepdan

Thanks for the kind compliments and interest in wanting to see more pictures.
I'm going to make up a few albums of pictures, then put together a restoration thread.
It's going to take awhile to sort through my unorganized photo collection to find more pictures to upload.
I have some, uploaded to view in albums.
Thanks, Dan Walton

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

December 13th, 2015

Jeepdan:

Congratulations on your M715 restoration. One of my favorite 2nd or 3rd generation military trucks and a much better runner then the later M880's and CUCV's. Many people badmouth this truck design, but beyond water pump bearing issues and carb issues, they were a well designed truck. Fast (for the military) capable and easy to work on vehicles been bastardized by many thoughtless later owners with different engines, transmissions, axles and such, showing that they had no respect for their trucks histories and of the units that they served in.

My regret is that nobody in the US has yet figured out how to import the KIA version of this truck into the US, as a great deal of the sheet metal and many parts should still be useable for repairs to keep the older Jeeps running. I would drop a dime on the KIA truck just to get one that could be pushed hard day in and day out without 50 years already going on the truck and it being fairly rare now (for the original Jeeps).

Thumbs up on a magnificent job!:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks