• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throat mic intercoms?

I've been browsing around for com set-ups, and even though I'd like to keep that lovely stock look ( for the most part ) in my eventual deuce. I noticed that the often mentioned VIC-1 leaves something to be desired for me......Throat mics, I love the noise canceling they offer, and have never really been a fan of large headsets. Does anyone know of a decent looking intercom system that will work with these kind of mice? I was eyeballing these but I have a feeling ( a rather sneaky one ) that they are for 2 way types and probably won't mate up to an older intercom systems. I also saw a motorcycle set-up from Fire Fox, but they seemed to be a bit on the hard to find side. Any suggestions?

wsucougarx

I like my VIC-1 set up in the deuce. I like the fact you don't have to wait for the other person to release the talk button on the mic. Have you used the VIC-1 while driving? Mine is clear as day and easy to operate. Plus I like how the entire VIC-1 interfaces with the VRC-12 military radios. You can switch from monitor radio traffic to VIC-1 easily. Sorry it doesn't really answer your question but I just wanted to offer the plus of the system.

I like my VIC-1 set up in the deuce. I like the fact you don't have to wait for the other person to release the talk button on the mic. Have you used the VIC-1 while driving? Mine is clear as day and easy to operate. Plus I like how the entire VIC-1 interfaces with the VRC-12 military radios. You can switch from monitor radio traffic to VIC-1 easily. Sorry it doesn't really answer your question but I just wanted to offer the plus of the system.
To be honest I haven't. But with working around civvy helos, I really dislike large headsets. I'm trying for a cross of stock-ish look, yet comfort of throat mics. Thanks for the input though. If I can't find something to work out for me I may just wind up going with the VIC. I will admi I hear some very nice things reading through some of the posts about is. I also just realized I should have put this in the radio section, but since I had deuce on the brain, I put it here :)

wsucougarx

Hmm...VIC-1 is what I have been looking for. Where can I pick one up?
Our fellow SS popacom or tbanks has the complete 4 station setup. Just PM them. I pieced mine together using ebay. I like the VIC-1 so much, I've got 3 setups going into my trucks along with green radios.

Attachments

Last edited:

runamuk45

Just saw this thread. I was looking for how to connect civilian (Ham & GMRS) radios into the VIC 1. The VIC 1 is easy to install and use. We use throat mikes in our tank. They work great! We started with the H-161 sets with the NC Boom Mikes but the interior was just too loud. We switched to the RA-440 throat mike on the headset. Just unplug the old and plug in the new! Here are the mikes we used and the company we got them from.

HTML:
http://armyradio.com/arsc/customer/product.php?productid=1371&cat=85&page=1

Army Radio Sales Co.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks