• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throttle broke

comanderfritz

Good evening all. I was off roading the m998 today and whilist going through a rut the peddle snapped down. I tried to pull the manual throttle control out just get out of the situation and nothing, completely lose. It appears the throttle link has snapped. Now, this is probably an easy fix I could find after a bit of research into the manual or on the webs. I looked under the hood, suns gone down so I didn't see anything. Basically what then happened is I got towed out to a parking lot in which I have to move the truck by tomorrow. I had to get it out because the mosquitos in the swamp nearly killed me. I'm gonna attack it first thing tomorrow. Where do I find the throttle cable on the inside of the firewall so I can get this rigged quick and moved? Does anyone have the throttle diagram because of the life of me I can't find it. I'd do this research myself by I'm pressed for time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

papakb

Go to your local bicycle shop and buy a hand brake cable and thread it through the housing. It'll get you home until you can get a throttle cable assembly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks