• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

throttle cable adjustment

Overdrive

I may just be slow on this subject but I am still not understanding the correct way to adjust the throttle linkage with the two nuts. Could someone help me out and explain it like your talking to a 6 year old?

Just not getting it on this adjustment.

Thanks!
OD

coachgeo

... still not understanding the correct way to adjust the throttle linkage with the two nuts. Could someone help me out and explain it like your talking to a 6 year old?

Thanks!
OD
Well that explains it..... most 6yr old boys don't understand all they can do with their two nuts.:doghead:

coachgeo

Thanks for bringing up good points. We all make mistakes....... As one learns they should go back and update old stuff they've posted in past so not to pass on misinformation. Self Moderating you might say.

Besides, treated right misinformation in a post can be a learning tool for many when it is discussed why it may be right in some instances and totally wrong in others. Guarantee ya somewhere someone may have been thinking along the same line as the misinformation and would not know it's wrong until a discussion on a board brought out sound reasons why.

Just .02 to mull over.

Last edited:

Overdrive

You can, however adjust the slack in the throttle cable. to do that get 2 17mm wrenches. Hold the not behind the bracket and lose the one on the left side of the bracket. You don't want to spin the throttle cable on the right. Back out the nut on the left side and then tighten the nut on the right until the throttle cable has no more slack, that's it. Tighten the nut on the left. Check Idle speed to be at ~750 RPM.

If you want to improve performance, then do some maintenance.
-Have the Valve clearances adjusted.
-replace the fuel filters. Get an additive. 2 cycle oil works great.
-change the oil and filter
-change the transmission oil to ATF as per Overdrive's post.
-get a new airfilter
Ah ok. Sorry I wasn't getting it until your detailed description. Now it makes sense. I will see if one of the -20's covers the adjustment as well. Thank you sir.

aleigh

I did this today - I was already familiar with the procedure from other machines but I hazard to say it *sounds* a lot more complicated in text than it really is in practice. When you are there looking at it the truth reveals itself.