• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throw Out Bearing Grease Fitting

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to grease my Throw out bearing and as it turns out the grease fitting is facing up.:-(

Is there a way to rotate the bearing so the fitting is facing down with out pulling the trans?
Thanks!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't grease it with it in the truck. That zerk only greases the tran's input shaft it slides on.

Gimp,

so you are saying the grease fitting on the throwout bearing only greases the shaft and not the bearing itself? there is only one grease fitting in there for the clutch, correct?

DEMON

If you think about it for a minute. Does it make any sense to have a grease zerk, beside a bearing and to not get grease. And it only greases the shaft under it.

Doesn't make sense.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

jrobinson5093

It is incorrect I just replaced the trans in my truck and was lookin at the zerk fitting and it only greases the shaft the is no way for the grease to get to the bearin.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys and Girls this is why it is important to once and a while take off the inspection cover and with the motor running make shure your bearing is not spinning.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I guess one could drill a small hole in the bearing case and use a grease needle to pump grease in too. I would do it to the rear of the bearing so grease would not get flung out.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The other problem is that if you could grease the throwout bearing with a zerk, there would be people that pushed in way too much grease that could end up on the clutch. I had an idiot to put a huge amount of chassis grease into my water pump one time and it all ended up in my cooling system.