• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

thundering M1008 3" straight piped

krall

it didn't cost much to do (300) but I got both exhaust pipes straight piped today and boy does she roar when you get on the pedal, I really like the sound just sitting there as well,

also pictured I recently tried the hurculiner out on the front bumper and brush guard as well as the rear bumper and some interior so far ( even the steering wheel) it has turned out better then I would have hoped but word of wisdom with that stuff don't forget to wear gloves, that stuff was on my hands for quite a few days after the fact, I still need to touch up on it but it got too cold for me to do so.

M1009 sorry messed that up.

Attachments

Last edited:

notsosanestan

idk how u can stand having no mufflers i put on glass packs. I had to take em off cause i couldn't even talk to the passenger or hear music in the cab

krall

yeah I haven't got it street ready just yet, the thornbirds are not good on the road at all I can smell them cooking off the rubber going down the road, I am getting new tires on tomorrow to save them for more off roading only. as for being loud I will have to see how well my first trip to work will be here when its all ready, I didn't do it my self I am no mechanic, I am more just playing around with it.

I still don't have any music in the blazer yet either so the loud exhuast will atleast give me something to listen to. lol

as for the hurculiner I did roll that on myself, it is really an easy to use product, if they had it in green or tan I would do the whole truck in it,

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still don't have any music in the blazer yet either so the loud exhuast will atleast give me something to listen to
You will be able to enjoy it, long after the driving stops.

blackhueys

just a heads up dont do the steering wheel brake or gas pedals if you get in a accident and the other people have a good lawyer they could get you for that saying you slipped or something

ryan77

Straight pipes are great! People are already pissed your driving a camo vehicle the ear deafening noise adds to pissing of the yankee folks!!!! 8)

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my ONLY question is WHY TWIN THREE INCH PIPES? that's a little more than one inch larger per pipe, which will flow a lot more air out...

isn't that pretty much overkill? have you increased the incoming airflow? these engines are pretty much a big air pump...

not criticizing, but I think you might have issues with too much exhaust flow... it will be interesting to see how it comes out

please let us know how well she runs after the install is done

plus, you can quiet down the insides with something like fatmat or dynamat, then cover it with some thick jute and then cover that with a nice heavy rubber floor

don't forget to do the 'under hood insulation'

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/37944-hood-insulation-install.html

love the herculiner

krall

Actually I'm only trying for attention. I know there are many other ways to do this and all are probably smarter, the thing is I sell military stuff for a living so this is going to be my attention getter. My intentions are to do the 6 color chocolate chip desert paint.

Didn't do it for much of a reason. Just to see how it would work. I did ask a lot of friends and others to see if there would be any problems with the set up and everyone seemed to say it would be loud but no one could come up with any downfalls so we will see as I get her down the road some

Midnight Rider

I don't find my glass packs to be any louder than the stock mufflers. Granted they were rusted and falling apart.

I also have no problem hearing my music.

If I'm just driving through town, it isn't all that loud and I can talk to my passengers. Some of that is just related to the lack of any and all sound deadening that a normal automobile would have.

I like it loud anyway.

On a side note, your thread says 1008, but you are talking about a 1009.

LeadHead

Great looking truck! I've got Thornbird tires too...and those are louder than the truck at highway speeds on stock mufflers! I always wondered what that smell was when driving after a while...never would have thought it was the tires cooking off. I know the rubber is soft, but that's just ridiculous. Also...they suck on the road. I could barely make it up a road after it had rained. Really not even that good off-road unless you are in real deep mud.

krall

yeah those thornbirds would make me jet left and right on the road at 50 mph they are just not a good road tire as for them being a good off road........... I haven't tried that yet, I am keeping those as just my off road tires becasue I just put some good road tires on, pictures to come, today we had rain and also the truck decided for the first time that it didn't want to start, so Ill be working on that this weekend.

TCUCV

truck looks cool, looking forward to the sound clip! I like the herculiner . . . I did the duplicolor spray can to my front and rear bumpers.:beer:

jimmy-90

I've seen videos of these trucks straight piped on youtube before. Thats a pretty raw sound they make with no mufflers. Im useing a set of dynomax mufflers on mine. They are straight through mufflers and pretty loud but if I had to do it over again I would probly use 12" bullet style glasspacks and turn the pipes into stacks with tractor type rain caps since I have a flatbed body on my truck now with space for stacks. Anyhow do you have a yearly inspection where you live and if so how do you plan to pass it with no mufflers???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks