• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tickled Tan

Daneil

I just won my first Deuce and sent my EUC away to day. I can't wait to get her home. Everyone keeps asking me why and of course, what are you going to do with it. I say, why not and what ever I want. Am I crazy? All that being said. I'm sure I'll be asking you seasoned fellows a ton of questions in the future. I'll put some pics up when I get them.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congradulations! Just ask your your ins co. if they will cover it. I have travelers and it added $192./year to my policy.

Pawnshop

Whenever I get the "why do you need that" question, usualy about my M.A.C 10/45 or a suppressor, my typical response is: "WHO SAYS I HAVE TO NEED IT?!!" I have been also getting that question about my "new" Deuce.

jim-m35a2

I got the same question, "What are you going to do with that?" when I ordered a new 1976 Ford 1.5 ton 4x4. Back then conversion vans were the cool thing to have and 4x4 trucks were only used by contractors and farmers. I wanted bucket seats but the only trucks that I could get buckets in were the 2 wheel drive Dodges. Even today when people ask me, "What are you going to do with a Deuce?" I just say............I have always wanted one and I will do whatever I want with it.

Jim
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited:

DMgunn

Pawnshop said:
Whenever I get the "why do you need that" question, usualy about my M.A.C 10/45 or a suppressor, my typical response is: "WHO SAYS I HAVE TO NEED IT?!!"
That is a great response!! I will try that in the future.

Ordinarily, someone will ask "What are you going to use that for?" - and I will generally say "I have no idea" --- I know, not the best answer... honestly, I don't want people questioning my judgement like that. What's wrong with enjoying something different? Why should we have to want a Harley like everyone else?

FreightTrain

Banned
well,I got the same bunch of questions thursday when I drove teh deuce to work.Except it was(the ones I remember) question then my answer
Why did you buy that...... cause I wanted it
what are you gonna do with that.........Run over Hondas(best if the questionee drive a rice rocket)
why do you need that thing........I don't!
How can you afford to drive that thing at $4.60 a gallon for diesel........what diesel....I am running used motor oil,gasoline,ATF,Gear oil,Hydrolic fluid,maybe a little antifreeze mixed in(hey,you never know what you get in the tanks at the auto parts store but I know it burns good,doesn't look milky,and smells like oil!).
(kinda goes with the above!) does it smoke real bad........Not more than usual,besides,I love my carbon footprint.Just doing my part for Global warming!(Works GREAT for those yuppies you see out in public now and again!)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When the questions start to get stupid like why I need it, I simply tell them that if its a book they are writing, leave my chapter out.

Alredneck

Banned
Yea what FT said X2 plus relative cheap out of pocket to pick up!!!!! :grd: When does anyone ever have to have a reason for anything?

Pawnshop

I also tell them that instead of wasting resources building me a NEW vehicle I have recycled a vehicle back into service, that burns recycled fuels, AND I can carry their Toyota Pious on my back with weight to spare! AND whenever anyone who has downsized their vehicle "for the environment" wants me to help them move, or haul something, I tell them: "NO, you should have thought of that BEFORE you traded in your truck!"

You want pictures?? Here is the item that generated the original "WHY" questions for me:

Attachments

gene

Nice. Those who ask "why?" should be happy to live in the dark. After all, like the line in the original Matrix movie goes: "once you take the red pill, you can't go back." Welcome to the site and good luck with the OD fever.

Gene

Daneil

My bad fellas. I was so excited I forgot to get some. Until I get everything finalized I will be spending as much time as possible down at the DRMO, checking fluids and what not. Cranking it, and if they let me drive it around the lot. I doubt it, but you never know until you try. I will get some pictures and post them then. I think it's best looking truck in the world. She does have some small rust points here and there, but stories behind those rust points are more than money can buy ( just can't let them get out of hand)