• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tie down anchors

Nick

The front end of my M101 has the tie down anchors, but the back doesnt. Id like to find the same kind for the back, if at all possible, and weld them on.

Can anyone help with where I might be able to find these kind of mounts?

Thanks
Nick

Attachments

number9

I think those are lift shackles for air lifting / ON-OFF loading the trailer. You could look for some on ebay, seems I've seen them come up there from time to time.

Nick

I think those are lift shackles for air lifting / ON-OFF loading the trailer. You could look for some on ebay, seems I've seen them come up there from time to time.

Been lookin there for some time, have had my trailer for about four years. Was just hopeing someone here would maybe have a scrap frame with em on it or have one extra pair layin around.

Thanks
Nick

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Besides a "parts vehicle", make them. You should be able to come close enough to the original shape, that most folks can't tell the difference. For the loop part, a commercial clevis should be adequate. Otherwise a salvage yard - go shopping.

Lee in Alaska

Nick

Yeah I guess I shoulda mentioned I have four shackles, I just need the anchor to hook the shackles to.

RKBA
Thos are nice, look like they wont stick out too far on the back and be knee bangers.
Whats the difference between front and back shackles?

Thanks
Nick

RKBA

Yeah I guess I shoulda mentioned I have four shackles, I just need the anchor to hook the shackles to.

RKBA
Thos are nice, look like they wont stick out too far on the back and be knee bangers.
Whats the difference between front and back shackles?

Thanks
Nick
Well, on mine the fronts were 4" with a threaded bolt pin. The rears are 2 3/4 or so and use a cotter or hitch pin to retain the shackle pin.

RKBA

Huh, Im gonna put the same size on front and back. Whats the theory behind the different size shackles? Are the mounts the same size front and back?

Thanks
Nick
To be honest with you, I have no idea why they might be different.

The rear most cross member (where the clevis mounts were) was heavily damaged when I bought the trailer. It appeared that Private Snuffy had tried to pull the trailer over rough terrain with the landing leg deployed. Since I wasn't planning on airlifting the trailer anyway, I just cut it out and left the rear of the frame "open." All that being said, I don't have my rear mounts and didn't take any photos of them before they went to the recycle bin.

I just tested the smaller rear shackles on the front clevis mounts on my frame and they fit like they belong there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks