• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tie down extensions

CenterMass762

Hello, all!

My 1028 was used as a plow truck when it was still in service. When they installed the plow mount, they removed the front tie-down extensions (the things that the shackles are on). I'm constantly using this truck for pulling on things and I need them in a pretty bad way.

My problem is I can't find any. I emailed militarytrucks.com but never received a reply and I cant find any others on a google search.
Here come the questions! Does anyone know a source for these? If not, would it work okay if I made them out of regular rectangle stock? If so, does anyone have the dimensions? I have the rear ones, but the 20P shows that the fronts are different. Any idea what the differences are?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, all!

My 1028 was used as a plow truck when it was still in service. When they installed the plow mount, they removed the front tie-down extensions (the things that the shackles are on). I'm constantly using this truck for pulling on things and I need them in a pretty bad way.

My problem is I can't find any. I emailed militarytrucks.com but never received a reply and I cant find any others on a google search.
Here come the questions! Does anyone know a source for these? If not, would it work okay if I made them out of regular rectangle stock? If so, does anyone have the dimensions? I have the rear ones, but the 20P shows that the fronts are different. Any idea what the differences are?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
Look on facebook marketplace...I found a random guy selling a set there not long ago. I got a set from cucvrus a few years ago but not sure if he has any left. There's more to them than just the tube as well...there's a bumper mount that goes with each side...I am assuming you have the parts nsn you can look up the bumper mounts and one side is still out there new.

CenterMass762

I'd be willing to bet that CUCVRUS has some and Hillbilly Wizard too.
I looked on Hillbilly Wizard a few days ago. They had rears but no fronts. I wouldn't be against buying them and modifying them to fit the front, if I knew the differences and if it would work.

EDIT- what I didn't see when I looked before is that they may have whole trucks to part out and parts not listed on their site. I'll email them and see if they can help. Thanks.

Last edited:

CenterMass762

Look on facebook marketplace...I found a random guy selling a set there not long ago. I got a set from cucvrus a few years ago but not sure if he has any left. There's more to them than just the tube as well...there's a bumper mount that goes with each side...I am assuming you have the parts nsn you can look up the bumper mounts and one side is still out there new.
Yes sir, the brackets and hardware are still on the truck, thankfully. I'll see if I can reactivate my old Facebook and take a look. Do you have any recommendations for "for sale" groups?

Thanks!

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes sir, the brackets and hardware are still on the truck, thankfully. I'll see if I can reactivate my old Facebook and take a look. Do you have any recommendations for "for sale" groups?

Thanks!
Dang that's rare that they left the brackets on it!!! I usually type in cucv in the search of marketplace. Sometimes you get lucky! If you are looking for groups look for square body and cucv ones in the search for groups too. Look for high post counts per week and member numbers! Hillbilly might have some just give him a call. His website has a bunch of stuff on it too.

CenterMass762

Dang that's rare that they left the brackets on it!!! I usually type in cucv in the search of marketplace. Sometimes you get lucky! If you are looking for groups look for square body and cucv ones in the search for groups too. Look for high post counts per week and member numbers! Hillbilly might have some just give him a call. His website has a bunch of stuff on it too.
Thank you, I appreciate the advice! I'll give Hillbilly Wizard a call Monday and see what they have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks