• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tier 2 Reset Question

mikester

Ive been watching Govplanet auctions for at least the past 7 months. I keep seeing MEP-803s that have a plate saying theyve gone through a Tier 2 reset. Can someone explain exactly what that is ? I see most have a rebuilt diesel. What else ? And if a generator has gone through a reset and its only showing 2.4 hours why is it being auctioned off ? I can understand getting rid of units with 4K or 5K hours. Are these units with issues ?

Guyfang

Staff member
Mike, the government is going to a new gen set. When they issue the new one out, the old ones get hocked off. There is a TB here in the TM forum, that explains everything you may want to know about the Reset program. Look in the TM, and if you can't find it, PM Daybreak. I am using a stupid IPad and can't look up the manual without going offline.

eatont9999

There are lots of good 4000+ hour units out there. If all the parts are visible in the pictures online, you can nab some good generators dirt cheap, that others shy away from. I bought 3 MEP-803a units and all 3 of them run pretty well. I did have to replace the fuel pump and fix the radiator on one of the units but after a new set of batteries and fluids, she runs like a champ. Even the filters on all 3 units look brand new. I should be able to turn a profit on the two units I am selling.

The MEP-10x series sets are even quieter than the 8x series. I would love to have one but I have not seen them for sale yet. Maybe we have to wait another 20 years... I think I saw a trap-ox/cat on the exhaust side in a picture. Not sure if that is factual but it won't be a good thing, longevity-wise, if it is true.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are lots of good 4000+ hour units out there. If all the parts are visible in the pictures online, you can nab some good generators dirt cheap, that others shy away from. I bought 3 MEP-803a units and all 3 of them run pretty well. I did have to replace the fuel pump and fix the radiator on one of the units but after a new set of batteries and fluids, she runs like a champ. Even the filters on all 3 units look brand new. I should be able to turn a profit on the two units I am selling.

The MEP-10x series sets are even quieter than the 8x series. I would love to have one but I have not seen them for sale yet. Maybe we have to wait another 20 years... I think I saw a trap-ox/cat on the exhaust side in a picture. Not sure if that is factual but it won't be a good thing, longevity-wise, if it is true.
Out there in very limited supply.... way too rich for my blood (and even more to fail in my opinion). Ill take 6-8 TQGs over 1 AMMPS

Last edited by a moderator:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Edit: There is an AMMPS over at that big E auction site if you look for MEP-1050. I always forget they get their knickers in a twist when you link to them.

Guyfang

Staff member
You figure right. That's a little steep for me.

Having said that, if you read the TM's on the AMMPS you will find that it is loaded with all kinds of bells and whistles. I kinda like simple, but could get used to the AMMPS if i was still on active, and had access to the supply system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks