• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TIER II Reset tag removed - MEP802A

Ray W

In the latest round of GOVPlanet sales, I came across a set of MEP-802As and I purchased one.
In the pre-sale pics I noticed the TIER II Reset plate had been removed from the unit I bought.
When I picked mine up another SS member was there picking his up and his had the plate removed as well.
I went back to the sales pics and noticed all the 802s sold that day had the plate removed.
My unit was in good condition and I don't see any reason why the plate would have needed to be removed.

Does anyone know why a TIER II Reset plate would have been removed from an auction unit? Just seems odd.

Thanks.

Attachments

Ray70

I can see maybe 1 machine missing the tag, but every gen sold at that location is indeed suspicious.
I'm assuming you bought yours in PA last week?
I've gotten tons of gens from them over the years and the crew there is top notch, good guys, so I would bet they got them with the tags removed from wherever they came from.
The tags were all ripped off, not drilled rivets, so not like someone took them to re-use.

I'm actually curious if the same crew is in PA or not.
They used to go all out to start generators, jumping things, running from aux. fuel supply, bypassing things.
All the videos I watched looks like the turn the switch and if it doesn't start that's as far as they went.
I don't think I hear fuel pumps running in most of the videos.

Based on prices that day, it looks like you probably bought a trailer and got a free generator with your purchase! Or at least a few others did!

Ray W

I've met with the guys there in PA and they are a good group.

I don't think the plates were removed there, but they were removed somewhere.

My unit is fine and Im not thinking its something fishy, but I haven't ever seen the plates removed before and it intrigued me as to why it was done since it was done on several of the units.

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've met with the guys there in PA and they are a good group.

I don't think the plates were removed there, but they were removed somewhere.

My unit is fine and Im not thinking its something fishy, but I haven't ever seen the plates removed before and it intrigued me as to why it was done since it was done on several of the units.
Have you asked Ritchie Brothers?

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be. But the question still stands, "Have you asked Ritchie Brothers." This is not something the Army would do. Why? It brings nothing to them. Now this is just me, but if your pre sale photos show sets with the plate, and you can prove that the pictures and the set are the same. Take em to court.
They have a complaint resolution process on their website. It doesn’t hurt to use it to ask the question… “I have this picture from your inspection report, but this is what I got when I picked it up. Please explain the lack of the plate.”

Ray W

Let me clarify as I think my issue got off track in the posts.

The tier II plate was NOT present in the pre-sale pics. The plate had been removed when the sale pics were taken. I knew it had been removed prior to my purchase and based upon the condition of the unit the absent plate was not an issue for me. Mine turned out to be a great unit.

I am just wondering why someone would have removed the plate from the 802s that were sold that day. In the 10 or so various sizes that I have bought in the past I've never seen one removed.

Just curious.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me clarify as I think my issue got off track in the posts.

The tier II plate was NOT present in the pre-sale pics. The plate had been removed when the sale pics were taken. I knew it had been removed prior to my purchase and based upon the condition of the unit the absent plate was not an issue for me. Mine turned out to be a great unit.

I am just wondering why someone would have removed the plate from the 802s that were sold that day. In the 10 or so various sizes that I have bought in the past I've never seen one removed.

Just curious.
I speculate someone wanted a Letterkenny reset genset at non-letterkenny reset price and had the access to remove the tags.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is an interesting idea. But the tag had to have been damaged when it was taken off. Using it someplace else is not as easy now.
View attachment 883939
But only the knowledgeable can differentiate the now-nontagged reset genset from a unit that wasn't reset.

If you know, you can get a LEAD genset at "regular" price.

Zed254

Letterkenny may have gotten tired of purchasers attempting to contact the email and phone numbers listed on the tag. The paperwork was wrong on one of mine (several years ago) and I sent a couple emails to Letterkenny. I received no response, but I did not get a 'not a valid email address' response, either.

Guyfang

Staff member
Letterkenny may have gotten tired of purchasers attempting to contact the email and phone numbers listed on the tag. The paperwork was wrong on one of mine (several years ago) and I sent a couple emails to Letterkenny. I received no response, but I did not get a 'not a valid email address' response, either.
I can see those folks at Letterkenny rolling on the floor now!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks