• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tilt Box upgrade.

WIH3

Since I am building my frame for my M101 how would you guys impove on the hinge of the box if given the chance. If at all.

KsM715

If your talking about how the bed will dump then I would make those hinge points parrallel to the frame. Stock they are pointed inward just a bit and cause it to bind when dumping. I have heard that after alot of use (dumping) it will cause cracks around that area. The trailers were not designed to dump. They were designed to have the bolts at the springs pulled out so the tongue can be folded upwards for transport on aircraft.

WIH3

Okay so off the frame drop down two plates that sandwich the mainrails. a couple inches ahead of the spring forward attachment. How about 1/4 in. plate with a 3/4 bolt castle and cotter pin.