• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

time for new cab top canvas, where to buy?

m5040

Anybody have any pros or cons on where to buy a canvas top for my M37 ? Whatever I end up with will be around for a while, want to do it right.

M816 Mac

My WEEBEE Webbing M37 top has been going strong for over eight years and it still looks to have plenty of life left in it.

M-37Bruce

Canvas Suppliers

I gotta agree, my WEE-BEE Webbing top has ten years plus on it, heard a lot of good things about Beechwood to, they make a Bimini or Bikini top that is next on my list.
:beer:

m816

New Life Canvas. Without a doubt. They use heavy weight material.Excellent workmanship. And the products actually perform to specifications. Cant' beat them. They have made Canvas for all my MV's and when I compare them to others, I am surprised that a few of them even try to stay in busines:jumpin:

shootist

Got mine from Midwest can't tell it from original
No wait arrived in within a week
I'm happy

MAXM37

Did anyone have an issue with the front cord being to small for the opening in the front cab top canvas? the new one I bought, and I forget which company I bought it from said that it is standard and that my opening was opened farther. I kinda find it hard to believe the opening was made bigger. I think I will see if someone can take my old cord and pet it in the new canvas.

GUNNY 155

Beach wood did my canvas work and did a wonderful job. Mine fit in the groove quite tightly until I put it in and took it off a few times. You could try a couple C Clamps with some blocks of wood with a groove routed in them to squeeze the opening down some. My guess is it would not take much to tighten things up. Go easy on the left edge since you need a little play in that area to get things started into the channel.

HAWK101

My cab canvas and new seat canvas's where done by WeeBee, and fit perfect. I've also recently, got a new cargo canvas and end curtains from Midwest M, and they are also quality pieces.
I think the canvas's from Midwest M took just shy of a month, from payment to delivery, to get to me here in Blighty. A brilliant service.[thumbzup]

nattieleather

I had a M151 where someone had taken a screwdriver or a chisel and pried the channel more open. I guess they wanted the top to pull through easier...problem is they left little humps in the channel.

M-37Bruce

My windshield channel was crushed on the passenger side, then covered up w/a welded-on roof. Took a lot of effort to not remove the channel and redo the entire channel. I rammed a progressively larger all-thread through it. There is still a small dent/crush, I can live w/it. Not sure the damaged area is visible in this shot?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks