• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time to fix things...

Its time to make some repairs to my deuce. Some are fairly straight up, some I have no idea what I'm doing. So here I am...

The first one, and the one I have no idea of how to do it is the external oil lines on the multi fuel motor. There are a series of oil lines that are between the compressor and the engine. One or more are shot and its pumping a lot of oil out. What part of the repair manual covers that particular repair??? Are there any insights or suggestions that aren't really addressed in the TM???

I need to repair/replace the master brake cylinder. I figure that's a pretty straight up job, and appears to be fairly easy....

I recently lost all my tools in a burglary, one of which was the socket used to remove the nut on the rear axles, to get to the wheel seals. What size socket is that??? i want to have one again...

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Chris...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The only oil lines I can think of by the air compressor are for the injection pump. I have replacements available if you'd like, send me a PM. If you have time to take the master cyl off and inspect it, they usually only need honed and new seals. I'm sure a vendor here would have a rebuild kit.

searls84

On the single piston compressors there is an oil line that goes from the mounting base up to the side of the compressor. It's usually a hard (copper?) line. When I broke mine I replaced it with 1/4" airbrake line.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Three of the four bolts holding the brake MC on are fairly easy. The lower one, closest to the frame rail (outside) is a real booger. Last one I did took a deep well socket, a six inch extension, a universal socket, another six inch extension, and then the ratchet handle. It needs to go up through the hole that the MC to Air Pack line is in. If your MC has ever been replaced, that bolt may be already missing.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Get out your 1/4" sockets for that last MC bolt, piece of cake.
Renew thos lube oil lines under the pump?IP if you can. They are OK until you touch them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks