• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time to go collectin'

iatractor

Collectin' maple sap that is. The weather kind of threw a monkey wrench into the plans. Never got above freezing this week, and is supposed to be well below zero the first part of this upcoming week. Oh well, the deuce isn't the warmest thing on earth unless I work the snot out of it or drive 100 miles. At least I will be able to put the water buffalo to work for the first time this year.

Attachments

iatractor

Nope, I'm just putting the sap into the tank. It's empty right now. With it being double walled stainless, it should act as a decent cooler and protect against fluctuating temperatures to a point.

iatractor

The sap when it comes out of the tree is basically the consistency of water, and it is clear too. Sap residue is pretty easy to clean, normally a backflush of treated water and a food grade mold inhibitor should do the trick. Maple is only about 2% or less sugar concentration at the tree.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks