• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time to Go.........

Miltrucks

First, I want to say that Steel Soldiers is a great forum, and I would like to thank those who have put in all the time, effort, and resources to make this a great site - both for the beginner hobbiest, and for those of us who have had the OD disease for quite some time. Nice Job.

As many of you know, I decided to get out of the main MV collecting hobby a couple of years ago and sold of the majority of my collection, but did keep a couple of special pieces back.

Well, as my life has been focused in other areas and timelines, it's sad to say it's time to complete that process, and I will be finally selling off all of the remiander of the collection and spare parts.

Those of you familiar with the "MILTRUCKS M48 Tractor / Trailer", and the "MILTRUCKS 4x4 conversion", the decision has been made to sell off these special vehicles and then about 2 buildings full of spare parts I kept back for personal usage. For those who have been to my shop, the M35 custom crane that has been under development will also be sold, along with the big 4x4 forklift, along with all of the special trailers and projects.

Over the next week to 10 days, I will be working on revamping the website with pictrues and details of the major components for sale. Once the 3 big trucks are gone, I will begin to go through the buildings and be listing up tons of M35 parts and kits including a bunch of rebuilt and new items. These were things I was keeping back as personal spares for the above 3 trucks.

All of the remaining trucks, trailers, and parts will be sold, and my goal is to have everything gone and cleaned up before year end. The M48 tractor will sell with the custom flatbed, as well as a nice M348 van. The 4x4 will sell with a custom trailer we were building that consists of another M726 body mounted on a modified 105 chassis. There will also me a couple of nice M105s, another M348 van, a carpenter's trailer (similiar to M105 with hydraulic gate), a M109 being stripped for parts, lots of engines, transmissions, winches, drivetrain parts, and you name it.

This has been a fun hobby over the past 10 years, and I have made a lot of great friends in the field, but unfortunately it is time for me to close down this chapter of my life and begin anew.

Stay tuned to the website and I hope to have details up in the next week to 10 days. Consider this an "early notice" to all of those folks who have tried to purchase the M48 and the 4x4 :) Now's your chance!

Thanks!

Eric.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad to see you leaving the hobby Eric. Whoever gets your trucks will certainly be getting some superb equipment. Will you still be around if someone needs to pick your brain?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow....I've never met you...but that's hard to hear. I guess I sorta understand though....kinda.

It would be a hard hobby(?) for me to quit.....like losing one of my sons or Mamabear.....well not that bad...but you get the picture. They (whoever "they" are) say a man's tastes and preferences may change dramatically every 10 years....so maybe ya should keep......just one??

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have enjoyed the posts and watching the help you gave to all over the years. Will be sad to see it end. Just think of it this way, you passed on a wealth of knowledge to others (like MACCUS's M48) and hopefully the knowledge you gave will spread to MANY others.
v/r,
Jim Henderson

Miltrucks

Thanks for the kind words guys. Between different real estate transactions, and in the process of building a new house, there just isn't going to be time for "play" for th forseable future.

For those of you who requested items off of the website, I would ask you to wait until I get the update done after next weekend. Some of what is listed currently has already been sold as it is an old update on there. I'll be working over the next week getting everything up on the site and try to post a new update on Sunday evening.

Thanks!

Eric.

Miltrucks

OK - Website has finally be updated - at least with the bigger items.

I have so much small stuff to go through yet in the buildings it might take awhile to get everything listed.

If you need M35 parts - I probably have it, so first come first serve - let me know what you need!

I think someone on here really needs to purchase the M48!

USMC6062

I'd like to purchase some parts, but haven't heard back from you on the emails I sent. Has anyone else been able to get ahold of him? Maybe your out of town, please let me know. Thanks, Alex

Miltrucks

Sorry for the couple day delay folks. In the process of moving and have several 4 day weekends here where I am away moving things to the new location. I get back mid week to answer all the Emails, then back down on the 4 day weekend moving again. Once we get through July here, my schedule will open back up.

I have pictures of everything people wanted from this past weekend now and will be responding to everyone's PMs or Emails this evening.

Thanks!

Miltrucks

Sorry for the couple day delay folks. In the process of moving and have several 4 day weekends here where I am away moving things to the new location. I get back mid week to answer all the Emails, then back down on the 4 day weekend moving again. Once we get through July here, my schedule will open back up.

I have pictures of everything people wanted from this past weekend now and will be responding to everyone's PMs or Emails this evening.

Thanks!