• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tiny Tach is in!

huggy

So, it just hooks up to the number 1 fuel line? I am looking for one as well, and this co. Is right by my sisters house in Chicago. It looks pretty simple, that us for sure...

jpg

Tiny Tach directions say to power it from a circuit that is turned off while starting, to protect it from voltage surges. I've been poking around with a meter and reading wiring diagrams. Is there a CUCV circuit that powers off during starting? (Radio circuits do this...)

Gripy

Tiny Tach directions say to power it from a circuit that is turned off while starting, to protect it from voltage surges. I've been poking around with a meter and reading wiring diagrams. Is there a CUCV circuit that powers off during starting? (Radio circuits do this...)
I need to check but I'm pretty sure I just plugged it into an "IGN" slot in the fuse block. I haven't had any trouble so far.

jpg

For newbies like me whose fuse box labels have faded, I found this image extremely helpful:
CUCV Fuse Box- #15 Ignition Control.jpg

It's from this thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?132309-CUCV-Fuse-Box-Layout

In the CUCV stickies:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?123199-CUCV-Helpful-Threads

I spent a long time reading through threads and TM wiring diagrams, and poking around with a meter, trying to understand where people tap into 12V. Once I found that image, it was as easy as everyone says. You put a spade terminal on the end of a wire, and stick it in one of the IGN slots. That's your 12V feed. I'd coat all the connections with appropriate grease.

bryfor

Got my tiny tach installed this weekend. It wouldn't fit in the area near the voltmeter. ..even with a block of wood. It was overlapping and obstructing the voltmeter too much. So I put it in the big square for radio on a block of oak covered in the new acu digital camo.it fits nicely in the steel of the metal dash with no drilling or brackets and isnt going anywhere! Its actually better and easier to read than the voltmeter location because for my field of view the gearshift lever would have blocked my view of the readout. I was able to route the wiring thru the speedo cable firewall grommet without damaging the grommet with just a dab of dielectric gease. Im turning 600 rpms at hot idle and I believe it was turning approx 2350 at 65 mph. They recomend painting the sensor for longevity. Has anyone else done this? And how are everyone elses holding up over time?

honda

I just hit the sensor with blaxk spray paint. Its been good so far

What is the purpose for black paint on a Tiny Tach? Are we talking about High Heat paint?
I don't want to miss an opportunity save this little bugger. It works extraordinarily well and is super important
in that I drive by my gauges.

dmetalmiki

Ok wow, you are getting to what I have been looking for to put in my gama goat, which has a 3 cyl diesel. Can you tell us a little about this tiny tach, how many cylinders, model #'s ect.. I think you have a good number of us paying attention!
As a project I wanted to carry out for while I'm going to fit a military rev counter to my Gamma Goat, the gearbox goes in to the correct fitting on the drivers side of the engine just below the filter. And I will try to use a deuce cable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks