• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tips on starting after siting for 2 years

Hottrodd789

Looking for some tips on starting my truck in the next week after sitting for two years. New batteries new fuel new filters be everything.
the fuel line and fuel tank are all new so I have to get system primed up!

RAYZER

You should pull the fuel shut off cover off of the injection pump and make sure the fuel shutoff shaft moves freely.
If it's stuck from sitting so long,it will cause excessive rpm's on startup.

Jeepsinker

Runaway= window in block. X2 on pulling that cover and checking the movement of the shutoff lever. once you verify all is good there, pull the stop cable and keep it pulled while cranking the engine until it builds oil pressure, then push kill cable in and fire it up.

Hottrodd789

Thank you I will make sure I check out the fuel shut off leaver out and have a block of wood to cover intake if needed.i was thinkn of pulling the valve covers off and doing a fresh oil change and pouring the new oil directly over the valve train just to lube it up some what do you think?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 years is only a nap for a deuce. Light er up on the old oil then change it once it gets warm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks