• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tips please

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys I am going down to pick up my duece that I bought and driving it home. It is a 69 M35 Jeep unit. I am going to drive my wifes little car down and put it in the back and drive the unit here. Its about 450 Miles. I have a complete set of filters I have checked all the fluids and tires. I will have some basic tools and a good jack. I have driven the truck and it runs real good and I drove it 40 miles with everything working just fine. I am just looking for some tips on what I should check and look at and any ideas of special things to look for when driving. Thanks Eddy

Engine5

A way of getting your wifes little car out in case the truck breaks down.rofl
Sorry I had to do that. If you do a search on here you will find that tips like these have been gone over before. There is a s- load of good info on this site. From what I read, check filters, brakes. oil , fluids all, fire extinguisher (sorry FF here), ear plugs, wipers. I am sure I missed a few. Good luck, and remembernopics

take new batteries with you and at least 10 gallons of fresh diesel and diesel kleen. if the truck has been sitting long drain the old fuel and put in fresh and purge the system with fresh fuel. check the brake MC and take some DOT5 with you. check the inside of the wheels for signs of brake leaks. Service the air pack with a few drops of air tool oil.

wb1895

If you are driving the deuce 450 miles one way, I say bring a butt pad ( something soft to sit on)

The longest trip, one way, that I have taken my deuce is 200 miles and My A$$ way hurting BAD after..............

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am picking it up in Minot ND and there is a railroad loading ramp there I can use to load the car and I know of one here too so I can unload it. The old tarp is being used by the old owner to cover the box on it as a 2' section has been added to it. He gave me a new tarp but there are no bows so I am looking for some. I have a CCKW with bows so maybe I can use them and switch them around. I have got some good tips here so thanks guys. Eddy

Heavysteven

Idea's
Service the airpack with air tool oil
Change all the spring vent on the axles, tc, and trans,
Drain the fuel filters
Change Air filter
Check oil, and all gear lube

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the help guys. I got it home and it ran great. Lots of power and I had to watch that I did not go over red line as it kept wanting to go faster. I am quite happy with the truck. It has one small leak when it is hot but all else seems great. Thanks again. Eddy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks