• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire balancing

xomegaiv

Hey guys, so I get a pretty crazy shimmy that almost rattles my teeth out every time I drive my M1088. I am thinking it's a balancing issue. Anybody had any luck balancing this tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot, I bought the heavy pellets and put 2/3 of a bag in. It's in a post on here someplace. I'm going to be putting aluminum rims on my truck shortly and will do it again.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
At around 55? Or slower. Check all your front end components for wear. Measure the front wheels distance front and back of tires to check alignment.

xomegaiv

Yeah around 55 or so. I will look at the alignment. My old worn tires never gave me any trouble. I changed them and now I get this shimmy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I find some tires shake a bit more than others. Tread can affect this. Try rotating tires around the truck one at a time and see if it improves. May just be one a bit out of round and won't have that affect on one of the back axles.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At around 55? Or slower. Check all your front end components for wear. Measure the front wheels distance front and back of tires to check alignment.
I would recommend checking this toe-in anyway. On my truck it was way off and can contribute to faster tire wear if it has excessive toe-in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks