• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire chains for 37s

bshupe

I was looking at a website that has tire chains for the 36/37" take-offs and they appear to be a tremendous deal if the quality is any good at all.

The question is: how much space/lift do you have to have to to use a set of tire chains without tearing the inner fender out? Anyone have any experience with using chains on a CUCV. Also, has anyone experimented with rear only vs. all four corners in the snow/mud using chains?

Thanks!

Firejareen

From my experience with tire chains, the standard wheel well opening is sufficient for tire chain usage. You just need to make sure they are tight and put on correctly. Off road usage in the snow, I would use chains on all four corners. On the road, it depends on the snow cover and ice. It is like riding on a vibrating plate when driven on the road. And you can't go very fast or you risk slinging the chains around and destroying your fenders if links break.
I looked at the web page. I may have to get a set of chains for my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks