• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Conversion 1987 923A2

brock

Looking to convert my 14r20's to 16r20's.

I have read a few threads regarding this subject but haven't found the info I'm looking for.

I want to use my stock wheels and keep my working CTIS. Has anyone done this conversion and kept their CTIS working? How bad is the turning radius with the bigger tires?

The truck is used for shows and driving around town. The loss of power is not important.

If there is an existing thread that answers these questions, please point it out.

Thanks

tim410

I have 16s and they rub a little at full turn. Not a big deal. But not sure bout ctis. The 16s run at higher psi I think so might mess up everything.

Hawssie

I dont see why you couldn't run the CTIS. The tire pressure for the CTIS system should be fine. The load rating on a 16 is 5k more then a 14 (if I remember correctly) so even if the pressure is less then some applications running a 16 it will have at least the same and really more capacity at that pressure then a 14 at the same pressure. And since your using the exact same hardware from before it should mechanically work as well.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
curious, could you post pictures of your truck with the 16's on it. I like the 14's on mine, but curious what the 16's look like.

smoke

There is a m923a2 at the carlisle truck show that had them on it. Still has ctis hooked up. So should work on ok. If you want pm I'll give you # for them. He has it for sell. So should be ok with answering question about truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks