• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Question

swat435

I was able to get 4 14R20 tires for my Departments APC. It currently has 11R20 Tires on the old style 5Ton Wheels. My question is will the 14r20's fit on the old style 5 ton wheels without any issues. The owner of the tire shop we purchase tires from told me they would work. Just looking for another opinion. Thanks

Last edited:

Csm Davis

Yes they will fit the wheels but like wm said you should look into the 5ton two piece wheels or even better the hemmet rims and also the runflats for either wheel as they will be very helpful in getting the truck in and out of a shoot out zone and most people don't use them in civilian world so they should be easy to get.

swat435

Thanks Csm Davis. We picked up our MRAP from your neck of the woods. I assume hemmet rims have the same 10 hole bolt pattern. We will be putting them on our Dragoon which is similar to a V150, just a different manufacturer. apc.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For sure go with the rims described above. Using the wheels you have pictured could result in the tire being too close to the hull or tie rod, etc.

Csm Davis

Yeah swat if I was setting up that I would use the hemmet wheels they're very thick and Goodyear 14.00s they have thicker sidewalls might need to play with the different run flats to get one that works with that setup.