• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Question

Entropy455

Tire question:
I’m interested in purchasing an M923 or M923-A1. The M923 comes with 11:00-R20 tires, and the M923-A1 comes with 14:00 R20 tires. I understand that aftermarket gear ratios for Rockwell Axles are not readily available – thus to obtain faster cruising speeds, folks often install taller tires.
How large do people normally go with the duals, and also with the super-singles (A1 & A2)?
How much do replacement tires cost? I’m assuming that replacement tires should meet or exceed the factory ratings. However I’m embarrassed to say that I have no idea how commercial truck tires are rated, or even where to purchase them.
V/R
Eric.M
US Navy Veteran

emr

Look it up on the search function here, there are about a gazzillion threads on this :) Good luck, after some searching fine tune your questions and u will learn alot more, All the best and good luck...

Vintage iron

You are suppose to get 1.5 mph per inch over stock tires. So If you have 42 inch tall 1100R20 and go to a 52 inch tall 1600R20. That is 10 inches x 1.5 mph=70 mph +/-. I haven't confirmed this in my truck yet. But the bigger you go the less power you have. 1400's are the best tire for 5 tons. less head aches and just enough height. I am selling some if you need them. Like EMR said there are a ton of threads on this topic. I know I read most of them before I put on my 1600's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks