• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire rack boom uses

Ddmk18

Not that it's recommended but in a pinch I used it to load a mt654cr transmission. I have further plans to mount a bearing in where the two pieces bolt together so I can use it to load the future bed.photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No need to waste good money on a bearing. I had some 2" round solid bar about 3ft long. Take off the top and drop in the round, grease the crap out of everything, good to go. Heavy wall tube might work too.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones on the A1 and A2 trucks are beefier than the A0 trucks, but even lifting a 1400R20 tire with the A2 davit seemed kinda sketchy to me. I stood well away from it. As far as when it will get damaged, I have no idea.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Jesse, I've had a 395 on a Hemtt rim on the end of mine. Thats about 350 or so lbs. The assembly could easily handle more, but my deuce bed was flexing a bit. I would assume in its stock mount you could do up to 750, but your getting up there, especially if you have the tube extended!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine's missing the hoist so I splurged today and got a China Harbor Freight ratcheting tie-down rated at 3000#. I figure the short end around the I-bolt on the slider and then loop it around the tire and ratchet it down. Not as fast as a chain hoist but then I don't expect to be trying to change the tire while taking sniper fire so can take my time (if, for some reason, I am taking fire then screw changing the tire it'll suddenly become a "run-flat").

Ddmk18

Well the transmission came in at 844lbs on the skid. So I carried the skid about half a block to get it to my house and I estimate it weighed about 40lbs. I though the tire davit handled it well. Had a little bow to it but I wouldn't be afraid of it snapping at that weight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks