• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire rack on the M900 series

govt

Does anyone have any pics of how the tire rack on the M900 series truck works or looks when using it? I have reviewed the TMs but curious about how it actually looks in action.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the operators manual explains how to use the tire lift. You need a chain fall to lift the tire, and that top pole extends out.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I grabbed one and turned it into a crane for the bed of my deuce. There are a couple different versions, but mine works great for my needs.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you! I was hoping to see how it was used. There is a large spring on the mid-pole...wasn't sure how that was used. Very helpful!
The spring is sometimes on tractors. It is unrelated to the operation of the davit and is to route the air hoses and electrical lines that connect to the trailer through and keep them off of the tractor rear deck.

Danl

Danl M915A1

the set up on the M915A1 has a hand winch on it could this work on one of these truck or is the tires to heavy.

Bighurt

the set up on the M915A1 has a hand winch on it could this work on one of these truck or is the tires to heavy.
I much prefer the davit and come along than the winch on the M915. I think both can hold the weight but how the wheel moves on the M915 makes for a sketchy experience. Now if you combined both hand wheel winch and a vertical lift I think it would be the best of both worlds.

When i change tire sizes on the M915 it's going away. In favor of a headache rack.

Danl

Danl M915A1

I took mine off when i put a dump body on the fift wheel all that stuff sitts on the floor not sure what to do with it , thought I might scrap it out , but I rather give it to somebody if they come get it.