• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire replacement options

timboflop

Hello all,

This is my first post and I hope I am doing this correctly.

I have an old M101A1 that i just got, I towed it home without any problems but the tires are really shot. I have searched this site high & low to try and find info on what tires could be possible replacements for the 9.00-16 LT NDT tires that are in place now on the five lug wheels. The trailer is in pretty good shape, but I really want to use it for a utility trailer....firewood..the dump....etc.

I have heard a different story from almost every tire shop in town. I would love to go the most economical way. Any suggestions would be great.

papercu

tire

Welcome, What kind of stories are you hearing? Most any 16 in. tires will fit on a 16 in. wheel. Finding someone to work on a lock ring (if that is what you have) might be a bit harder but not impossible. Wayne

timboflop

I found some tires

Thank you for the info, the website was a big help. I settled on some PowerKing 9-16's.
I am thankful I only have to buy two of them though. There was nothing economical about these, but I am hoping they will last for awhile. Now I just need to win an auction for one of the big trucks since I now know where to get tires.

Do you have any ideas on where I could find a wheel to use as a spare? I'm not even sure where to start looking.

Thank You

Tim

CGarbee

RE: I found some tires

Post a wanted add here for a spare. Also post one on the www.g741.org site (the M37 specific site) and the www.503.com site in the Power Wagon forum and in the 3/4 ton trailer forum, and one of the www.dodgepowerwagon.com forum and one on the www.powerwagonadvertiser.com forum... All of these links are for M37/Power Wagon sites, but the M101 and M101A1 uses he same Budd 6.50Hx16 five lug semi-drop center wheel...

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks