• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Rotation

ericp351

Hi all. Have an A2 with 14 x 20 Super singles, both Good year and Michiline. Quick question, can I rotate them and change direction of rotation, that is Left To Right?? Want to put best on fr axle for safety. Thanks!

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found radials don't like reversing rotation, and had several unusual fails on low-mileage ones. Cars, trucks, all behaved the same way.

I'd keep them on the same side, I even mark them on the rim with an arrow in case they get migrated to another truck.

Keeping the best in front is good Juju, in spite of what 'ol Discount Tire sez.

ToddJK

I usually keep the same side tires on that side. Rotation is about even tire wear, which the steer tires have more wear naturally anyways, so moving front to back and back to front on the same side achieves the same thing. I've had some radials that blew prematurely when rotated to the other side but I've never had one blow prematurely by switching a front with a rear. Not all tires are equal and YMMV, but I've had similar experiences as G744.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks